Sign in to follow this  
andrey

Problem with august Monthly Rollup

Hello!

Of course, this does not apply directly to Emsisoft products - I apologize.

However, maybe you can find a solution?

Until that moment, I had no problem installing monthly Windows security updates!

But here this Tuesday of patches - KB 4512506 is not installed - unkown error 80092004 ..

If in detail - 11% of the file is downloaded - and the download is interrupted with this error! I tried it several times - it repeats that way ...
I tried installing using the Offline Installer - not installing either!

I want to say that the malware removal tool was installed immediately. And another update for the drivers - also installed.
But here is the monthly fix pack (KB 4512506) - he doesn’t want to!
What could be the problem? I read on the Internet that many have such a problem! Maybe more experienced users have some suggestions?

Windows 7x 64 Pro

Some info on this here andrey

https://borncity.com/win/2019/08/14/windows-updates-kb4512506-kb4512486-drops-error-0x80092004/

Do you have KB4474419 and KB4490628 installed?

I had mentioned within my blog post Windows 7: Updates for SHA-2 support, that it’s required both updates are installed. Within my German comment here I had recommended checking to see if the relevant updates were available. In fact, blog reader M. Gruber reported here that the SSU KB4490628 was missing on his machine. After installing the Servicing Stack Update (SSUs) from March 2019, the August 2019 security update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 was successfully installed. And I got a 2nd feedback, that this was the root cause for the update install error. Perhaps it will help one or the other affected person.

• Like 1

Yes, thanks a lot, stapp!

I already read about the problem with German-speaking authors...However, I did not quite understand what should be done in my particular case ...

KB 4474419 - the update was installed on August 13,  the day before yesterday,  the day it was released!

This update is in the system!

But KB 4490628 - NO, and Windows does not find it when looking for updates!
Obviously, do I need to download and install KB 4490628 manually?

Done!

First, I manually installed KB 4490628, and then through Windows Update - KB4512506.

Everything worked out

Thank you very much, I knew that here on the forum, they will help me with the problem!

2019-08-15 17_59_26-Установленные обновления.jpg
Download Image

Thanks Stapp and Andrey.  You made my day!  Greets from someone geeking in France

Edited by Dreamer
typing mistake