Sign in to follow this  
NocFA

Black ops 4 crashes due to Emsisoft.

Hello, today I come to you with an minor annoyance but it's definitely something I would love to see fixed in the near or far future.

It has become quite obvious to me that Emsisoft is somehow causing call of duty black ops 4 to crash upon attempting to initially first time load OR load a map of any variety.
I don't know why this is, there's not crash log so I can only assume the call of duty engine detects Emsisoft as a malicious application and terminates itself (as it displays a similar no log or error message crash upon using a malicious application)

The only testing I've done is disabling all background processes and the game worked fine with protection off, but upon re-enabling protection the issue resumed.
Slight annoyance as I have to disable protection every time I want to play (which is not very often but, still) it took me a while to find the culprit in the first place so other users may be having the issue.

Software/hardware information.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware Home v.2019.7.1.9637
Windows 10 64bit 1903 v.18362.295

CPU - i7 6700k

GPU - GTX 1080

No other security products running alongside Emsisoft.

Game is running off secondary hard drive whereas Emsisoft is running off primary solid state.
Any other information can be provided if needed upon request.

Thank you in advance.

It's not abnormal for games to have issues with Anti-Virus software. My recommendation is to add the game to the exclusions in Emsisoft Anti-Malware. You can either add the main Black Ops 4 executable itself to both the scanning or monitoring exclusions, or the folder Black Ops 4 is installed in.

If Black Ops 4 is in your SteamApps folder, then you can add that folder to the exclusions as well. Just be sure you trust any games that are running out of that folder before you add it to the exclusions.

Here's a link to information on adding exclusions in our products:
https://help.emsisoft.com/en/1815/how-do-i-exclude-a-program-from-an-emsisoft-product/

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the speedy response, I fell asleep right after writing this up so I'll attempt this remedy and report back to you as I'm writing this.
It's working perfectly now with exclusions in place, thank you for the help!