Cranfield

"Cannot securely connect to this page"

I have Win 10 and using Edge, I am increasingly getting the above message ( TLS security etc) when trying to connect to some websites.

I have tried recommended solutions by making adjustments in Internet Options, both in General and Security, neither have worked.
Another suggested option relates to the problem coming from my "Anti Virus software".

Is this likely and if so, what is the solution ?

12 hours ago, Cranfield said:

Another suggested option relates to the problem coming from my "Anti Virus software".

Is this likely and if so, what is the solution ?

This suggestion is based on the fact that many Anti-Virus softwares attempt to decrypt HTTPS traffic (using methods that are essentially a man-in-the-middle attack) in order to monitor it for malicious files. Emsisoft Anti-Malware does not work this way, and thus it should not be possible for it to have effected TLS encryption for HTTPS connections.

If you want to verify this, then I recommend turning off the Surf Protection in Emsisoft Anti-Malware, and then restarting your computer by right-clicking on the Start button, going to Shut down or sign out, and selecting Restart to bypass Fast Startup. After that, if you still have trouble, then it wasn't Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

Thanks for the prompt reply, much appreciated.If you say its not connected with Emsisoft, that's good enough for me, I won't be connecting, or disconnecting anything to prove you right.