Hisham Rakha

Recover ransomeware Virus .peta

Hi,

My computer infected by ransomeware virus and all files became encrypted with extensions .peta,  I got below read me file, how to recover them?

Example: New Text Document.txt.peta

ATTENTION!

Don't worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
https://we.tl/t-BDgg6lyvws
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that's price for you is $490.
Please note that you'll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail "Spam" or "Junk" folder if you don't get answer more than 6 hours.

To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
[email protected]

Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
[email protected]

Your personal ID:
0160psdfjH7gdfgN3Iu5VrB47SU8KsXTRn3ABZtHaQRmDcc2erQZHp4

Hello  @Hisham Rakha

This is the result of the STOP-Djvu Ransomware attack. I have been tracking the malicious work of this program since December 2017. 
Now on the forum a lot of victims from different variants of this Ransomware. In some cases, the files can be decrypted. 

Extension .peta - this is new variant of STOP Ransomware. Until recently, it was possible to collect some information and add it to STOP-Decrypter. Now this does not help. We expect changes in the decryption method. But so far there is no such news and the victims remain with encrypted files.

I repeat, there is no way to decrypt files yet. Any site that offers decryption for this variant may be a scam site. Be careful.

Most ransomwares will automatically delete themselves after they finish encrypting files, but some are now leaving behind components on computers they infect that will encrypt any new files saved and will encrypt any files you manage to decrypt. 

It's best practice to check and make sure that no such components have been left behind, so we recommend following the instructions at the link below to get us logs from FRST so that one of our experts can make sure there is nothing malicious still on your computer (just attach the log files FRST saves to your message):
https://help.emsisoft.com/en/1738/how-do-i-run-a-scan-with-frst/ 

In addition, the STOP-Djvu Ransomware does the following:
1) leaves behind a software module that steals personal information from browsers and other programs;
2) modifies the hosts file to prevent browsers from opening anti-virus companies' websites and forums (like this one) that helps victims.

For these targets:
1) after checking and cleaning the PC, when it is be confirmed that there are no other malicious modules, you need to replace the passwords for all sites with more complex ones (at least 12-16 characters, including A-a, Z-z, 0-9, @ # $).
2) you need to reset or delete the modified hosts file, without it, all legitimate sites will be available to you.

The path to this file is: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

h.jpg.399261a04288db830d6a76357a448996.jpg
Download Image

I was informed that Drweb can decrypt some files that STOP cannot decrypt, only in another way. Only .pdf encrypted files and all the Office documents .doc, xls, docx, xlsx, ppt, pps, etc … 
Unfortunatly with this way can't will decrypt photo, video, audio and many files with other extensions.
If free test decrypt these files will successful, the fees requested by Dr.Web experts 150 EUR for Rescue Pack (Personal decryptor + 2-year DrWeb Security Space protection). There is no alternative to receiving this service. If the test-decrypt will fails, no payment will be required. 

Tell me, if this way suits you, I will let you know what files you need to collect for this. 

I do not participate in this process and do not provide any help except this information. I not having any financial benefit and is not involved in this decryption service at all.