Kushela

Seto Virus ransomware

Hi, my laptop was recently encrypted by Seto Virus ransomware. I have tried all the options on the internet and have since reset my PC back to factory settings having, however all my files are still encrypted by this seto virus. Can anyone tell me how do i decript my files so as to use them normal again. OR has anyone else had a similar issue? Urgent help required please

Hello @Kushela

.gero
.hese
.seto
.peta
.moka

This is the results of the STOP-Djvu Ransomware attack. I have been tracking the malicious work of this program since December 2017. 
Now on the forum a lot of victims from different variants of this Ransomware. In some cases, the files can be decrypted. 

Extension .seto - this is new variant of STOP Ransomware. Until recently, it was possible to collect some information and add it to STOP-Decrypter. Now this does not help. We expect changes in the decryption method. But so far there is no such news and the victims remain with encrypted files.

I repeat, there is no way to decrypt files yet. Any site that offers decryption for this variant may be a scam site. Be careful.

I was informed that Drweb can decrypt some files that STOP cannot decrypt, only in another way. Only .pdf encrypted files and all the Office documents .doc, xls, docx, xlsx, ppt, pps, etc … 
Unfortunatly with this way can't will decrypt photo, video, audio and many files with other extensions.
If free test decrypt these files will successful, the fees requested by Dr.Web experts 150 EUR for Rescue Pack (Personal decryptor + 2-year DrWeb Security Space protection). There is no alternative to receiving this service. If the test-decrypt will fails, no payment will be required. 

Tell me, if this way suits you, I will let you know what files you need to collect for this. 

I do not participate in this process and do not provide any help except this information. I not having any financial benefit and is not involved in this decryption service at all.