Nikilet

Adding exclusions

I am running mbam and Emsisoft together. I have a lifetime license of mbam. I just renewed my Emsisoft on 2 computers.

I have added some files and folders under the exclusions, but where do I go in the Emsisoft program to make "Process Exclusions" for mbam? 

There's more than one type of Exclusions list in EAM - one so that files/folders named in it won't be scanned, and one to prevent programs from being monitored.  I think you need to add mbam's .exe's (or maybe its whole programs folder) to the Exclude from Monitoring list (which is under the other one).

On 9/10/2019 at 9:28 PM, GT500 said:

If you ever need more detailed information about exclusions, then you can find information about adding exclusions to our products at the following link:
https://help.emsisoft.com/en/1815/how-do-i-exclude-a-program-from-an-emsisoft-product/

I appears I need some more help. I'm doing this on my laptop now and things aren't going as smoothly. Is there a list of process files for Emsisoft that I can look at to exclude them from mbam?

On 9/15/2019 at 10:10 PM, Nikilet said:

I appears I need some more help. I'm doing this on my laptop now and things aren't going as smoothly. Is there a list of process files for Emsisoft that I can look at to exclude them from mbam?

The most important is a2service as it's what monitors other processes, opens hooks, and does just about everything else. That being said, here's a full list of executable files that can be found in the EAM folder (note that by default Windows will hide the .exe on the end of the file names). The ones in bold are the most likely to be running, and should probably be excluded.

• Proxy.exe - Update proxy, usually used in corporate networks to reduce update download bandwidth usage.
  • EmDmp.exe - Handles collecting and reporting crash info.
  • CommService.exe - Facilitates communication with Emsisoft Cloud Console (MyEmsisoft Workspaces).
  • EmsiClean.exe - Used during uninstall to help ensure all EAM files are removed.
  • a2start.exe - Main EAM interface.
  • a2guard.exe - Handles EAM notifications and System Tray icon.
  • a2service.exe - Backbone of EAM protection.
  • a2cmd.exe - Optional commandline scanner (only runs when executed manually).