pieronip

CLOSED Connect Multiple Clients

I can see from the documentation how to INSTALL multiple clients by GPO.  I can see how to CONNECT a client from the command line but I cannot see how to CONNECT multiple clients.

What I would like to do is connect a substantial number of clients automatically to ECC, disconnecting them from EEC so that end-users need take NO action and, ideally, would see no messages.

Is there a method to do this?

As an aside, now that ECC is no longer Beta, are we going to get a dedicate forum for it?

TIA.

You can just run the little 2mb webinstaller you download from the workspace, on all your devices.

It will detect if EAM is installed. if so, it will disconnect from EEC and connect to the WS, and apply its license. The installer requires to run under elevated permission or SYSTEM account.

ECC and EAM are tightly connected, so  there is no need for a separate forum.

Thanks again Frank

The instructions here

https://help.emsisoft.com/en/2607/deployment-via-group-policy-on-windows-servers-active-directory/

refer to download and installation of the .MSI installer.  Does this have the same effect as the web install or should I change the GPO to execute the Web installer?

If I follow this method will it be transparent to end-users?

Thanks.

From your comment re ECC and EAM, I guess  ECC questions should now go the EAM forum.  Thanks.

for existing EAM installs you can only use the webinstaller. The MSI just installs EAM and connects it to the WS. When EAM already is installed it will give you an error.

adding /silent parameter should suppress user dialogs.

>From your comment re ECC and EAM, I guess  ECC questions should now go the EAM forum. 

yep