I am wondering if there are any plans to release a version of EMSI that will work on the Android platform so that we can have good phone protection as they are really much like mini PCs?

I personally use a Samsung Vibrant - T-Mobile's version of the Galaxy S phone - and want it to be safer than it likely is right now.

After all those apps that are so free and available, can potentially do real harm.

If I have missed out on such a post previously I apologize.

Best Regards,

RudeRedDog

Hi RudeRedDog

You didn't miss a lot yet, because currently it was just one discussion about using Emsisoft website on SmartPhone

At the same time, it looks like the future seems to be bright & shiny, since at the moment that's already possible to run Windows Applications on iPhone & Android using Citrix

Have a look at this site and video & let's have a dream :)

Hope the developers will add to that

Cheers! & Happy New Year!

We're currently evaluating an anti-malware project for Android, but it's not yet decided and no ETA therefore.

That sounds very interesting.

I´m currently running an certain russian AV solution on my Android smartphone - and it´s running very well.

It did well already in Beta, so decided to stick with it - but have quite a few times wondered if Emsisoft would release on the Android platform.

Would be nice if the phone was also Emsi-protected ... :P

And looking on how the signaturecount is climbing, it´s quite scary that many users forget to install an AV on their phone (they deserve a serious bitch slapping ;) )

Martin

...I´m currently running an certain russian AV solution on my Android smartphone - and it´s running very well. It did well already in Beta, so decided to stick with it
Hi Martin,

Can you please be more specific about the "Russian AV solution on Android"?

I have some friends and they are very interested.

... You can write in Russian :)

Cheers! & Happy New Year!

Thanks Martin,

I know Dr.Web and communicated with some Guys over there, but since I don't have a SmartPhone (or rather being not smart :lol: ) I was not looking at that direction of their development

Mentioning Dr.Web, which is quite good in some areas doesn't mean that you are "promoting the competitor"

Cheers!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...