It looks as if you have a subscription licence that will auto-renew when the licence expires, hence why it shows 'abonnement' under status.

What does it show on the overview screen ?  My licence is a fixed 1-year licence and the overview screen shows that my licence ends in 189 days.  I don't know if you're able to do this, but if I hover the mouse over the '189 days' green text, the tooltip shows the licence end date - perhaps yours just shows 'abonnement' ?

image.png.67e465a34f397e8084395c6e4e57e937.png
Download Image

Failing that, as your licence is a subscription, maybe you can determine when it's due for renewal by checking the email that you would have received when you ordered it ?

• Thanks 1

And... if you don't want the auto-subscription (many of us don't) you can get it changed back to one with an expiry date, by emailing  [email protected]   and asking them to make the change.    I don't know yet whether we're all going to have to make that request every single year...

• Thanks 1

I was contemplating having to email Emsisoft to stop auto-renewal of Emisoft Antimalware and Mobile Security, however I logged into 'MyEmsisoft' on the web where you see your active and past subscriptions and was able to stop it there. Under Personal Licenses, License Management, at the right side of each current license there are three horizontal lines where you can stop auto-renewal. Then I received emails to confirm. Didn't know this was even possible. Saved me having to email sales team etc.

18 hours ago, Marshall said:

I cannot view the end date on my GUI...

The GUI in EAM doesn't display how many days remain on your license key when you have a subscription license (this type of license key isn't considered to have an expiration date since it will auto-renew). You should be able to see when it will automatically renew in My.Emsisoft.

• Thanks 1

In My.Emsisoft your license shows. The three horizontal lines to the right of each license has an option to cancel auto renew. Just checked my license and it was set to auto renew and got confirmation when I changed it. Checking dates I found the date of when the license was renewed.

The information is there, you just have to look. It does not say "license ends on xx/xx/xxxx.

6 hours ago, Ken1943 said:

In My.Emsisoft your license shows. The three horizontal lines to the right of each license has an option to cancel auto renew. Just checked my license and it was set to auto renew and got confirmation when I changed it. Checking dates I found the date of when the license was renewed.

The information is there, you just have to look. It does not say "license ends on xx/xx/xxxx.

That may be so, but I don't see much point in setting up "My Emsisoft" just for that.  Does "My Emsisoft" provide any service that one actually needs?   I've never used it.

6 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Does "My Emsisoft" provide any service that one actually needs?

It provides full remote management of Emsisoft Anti-Malware:

image.png
Download Image

22 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

But no-one with only one or a handful of protected machines needs to be able to do that, surely? 

perhaps not, but the option is there if you do need to be able to do that

even if you don't use the workspace functionality, my emsisoft allows you to manage your account preferences (email address, newsletters, etc) and allows you to view details of your current, and historic licences, their start and end dates, what machines they were assigned to, and when each machine was last updated - I find it useful for these reasons, even though I don't use workspaces

> even if you don't use the workspace functionality, my emsisoft allows you to manage  ...

The thing is, I already have to do all of that for every other software product I install, licence and pay for.   So I already have my own way to do it.    If every vendor invents their own extra system, each one is just one more thing to have to learn how to do - and (presumably) one more userid and password to have to maintain.

I'm sure it's useful for corporate users, and maybe resellers, managing tens, or hundreds of users.

I'm also a little curious about your statement: "allows you to view details of your current, and historic licences".   If older licences were associated with email addresses I no longer use, how would their system associate them all with my current email address?  Or is their system tracking users' machine ids?   Somewhat contradicting myself, I seem to remember asking how they know in the first place and I think maybe I was told that users have to populate the "my emsisoft" thing with relevant data in the first place.   If that's still the case and it's only telling you things you told it, it's hardly magic.

1 hour ago, JeremyNicoll said:

The thing is, I already have to do all of that for every other software product I install, licence and pay for.   So I already have my own way to do it.    If every vendor invents their own extra system, each one is just one more thing to have to learn how to do - and (presumably) one more userid and password to have to maintain.

well that's fine if that's how you want to manage things - I was merely pointing out what it offers - my emsisoft in one form or another has existed for many years so it's not a new system, just that they've added a lot of extra functionality in recent months

1 hour ago, JeremyNicoll said:

I seem to remember asking how they know in the first place and I think maybe I was told that users have to populate the "my emsisoft" thing with relevant data in the first place.   If that's still the case and it's only telling you things you told it, it's hardly magic.

I've never manually added licence information too it so it obviously knows what licences are associated with your account

You said ' Does "My Emsisoft" provide any service that one actually needs? ' - I was just trying to be helpful by mentioning a few things that it offers - whether you choose to use it or not is obvously entirely up to you

I am always happy for more information about hardware/software and don't mind looking around for what I may/may not need. Since My. Emsisoft has additional information, like cancellation of auto-renew I like the site. If you don't go there and look around, you will never know. That is up to you !!!

I still want a notification of when my license expires

17 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

But no-one with only one or a handful of protected machines needs to be able to do that, surely? 

That depends on whether or not you want to be able to monitor logs, scans, etc. and be able to change settings remotely via the web interface. Granted you will also need access to your e-mail account from anywhere you intend on logging in to My.Emsisoft from (the Two-Factor Authentication is currently handled via e-mail), so it's only really useful anywhere you also have access to your e-mail account.

BTW: Here's a video demonstrating some of the things that can be done in the "Cloud Console" at My.Emsisoft: