Sign in to follow this  
scouseian

decrypt_Muhstik application

I downloaded the Emsisoft Decryptor for Muhstik application to my pc and it opened for me to check locations for files to decrypt.

As the infected files are on my nas I was not able to select the nas drives to decrypt the infected file.

I followed the “EnableLinkedConnections" instructions to access the nas but since then when I try and open the decryptor application I get the message "do you want this application to make changes to your device". I select "yes" and nothing happens. The application does not open.

Can anyone offer any insight as to why I am having these issues.

Thanks

16 hours ago, scouseian said:

... since then when I try and open the decryptor application I get the message "do you want this application to make changes to your device". I select "yes" and nothing happens. The application does not open.

Either the decrypter is crashing, or something is preventing it from opening. Let's try getting a log from FRST, and see if it shows the cause of the issue. You can find instructions for downloading and running FRST at the following link (try to run the decrypter again before doing this so FRST's logs will include any Event Logs errors if the decrypter is crashing) :
https://help.emsisoft.com/en/1738/how-do-i-run-a-scan-with-frst/

Note: If you have Emsisoft Anti-Malware installed, when FRST checks the Windows Firewall settings Emsisoft Anti-Malware's Behavior Blocker will quarantine it automatically. This can be avoided by clicking "Wait, I think this is safe" in the notification that is displayed while FRST is scanning.

I'm glad to hear that you got the decrypter working. If you need anything else, then let us know.