Sign in to follow this  
JackHughs

Installing different version of OA?

Is it OK to install the latest version of OA free on a computer that has OA free version 4.0 installed? I intend to set both versions to manual start and only run one at a time for test purposes.

Thanks

JackHughs

I really wouldn't recommend trying it. Even set to start manually, the drivers are still loaded at boot and having two different versions of OA's drivers running at the same time could result in all kinds of trouble.

I really wouldn't recommend trying it. Even set to start manually, the drivers are still loaded at boot and having two different versions of OA's drivers running at the same time could result in all kinds of trouble.

Thanks.

I realized what a bad idea this was about the time my finger lifted from the "send" button.

Nonetheless, I'm glad I went through with this question. Otherwise, I might have actually tried it and most likely been in a worrrrrld of hurt by now.

JackHughs

I thought that the installer simply would update OA from version 4.0 to 4.5 replacing the old drivers with the newer ones. In other words I had no idea that updating from version 4.0 could cause troubles... :/

EDIT: ehm... sorry, I misread the OP question - please, ignore this post.

Moreover I forgot also to say that I wish you all a very happy and safe new year! :P

Thanks.

I realized what a bad idea this was about the time my finger lifted from the "send" button.

Nonetheless, I'm glad I went through with this question. Otherwise, I might have actually tried it and most likely been in a worrrrrld of hurt by now.

JackHughs

Hi,

Installer will detect already installed version and will give you only choice to uninstall or update

Regards,

MaB