Silekonn

Signature Download for Offline Install

Hello,

I like Anti-Malware and may recommend it to customers if I am able to demonstrate it.

How can Anti-Malware's engine and signature updates be downloaded for transfer to a computer that has a slow internet connection?

I read there is an application named a2proxyupdate. Is this what is needed, and can it be configured for all updates?

Thank you,

Silekonn

We don't offer any signature offline updates directly. You can copy the signatures folder from a fully updated installation though or download the Emsisoft Emergency Kit that always include the latest signatures. Be aware though that in order to install new signatures manually you will have to disable the self protection in the EAM settings and make sure to restart EAM so the new signatures get loaded.

Fabian,

If the application is installed and all of the definitions and engine updates are downloaded, can the directory be copied over an (inactive) installation on an alternate system with full function?

Is there a reason the updates are not offered?

Silekonn

P.S. This application just ALERTed me that C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSFEEDSSYNC.EXE is suspicious. How has this not been whitelisted?

Hi Silekonn,

...If the application is installed and all of the definitions and engine updates are downloaded, can the directory be copied over an (inactive) installation on an alternate system with full function?

As Fabian answered - yes you can do that if you are sure that all modules are current and up-to-date if that's what you mean by "with full function" (keep in mind the note about self protection)

Is there a reason the updates are not offered?
That is not clear message.

What do you mean buy that? You can update EAM on one system but not on another?

This application just ALERTed me that C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSFEEDSSYNC.EXE is suspicious. How has this not been whitelisted?

This is a system file (MS Feeds Synchronization) and it is not flagged here on XP with the latest Signatures neither in \system32\ nor in \IE8\ folders

Please submit as described in Submitting suspected False Positives for analysis

As for whitlisting - use "Manage whitelist" link on Scan PC screen, despite I am not sure that is necessary in this case

My regards

Lynx,

Is there a reason emsisoft does not offer definition downloads from the website, to update offline installs?

Silekonn

P.S. The file was "detected" on a Vista SP2 machine.

...Is there a reason emsisoft does not offer definition downloads from the website, to update offline installs?
That was the purpose of the question, since I updated perfectly & tested the files by scanning them with EAM straight after reading your message (few minutes ago)
...The file was "detected" on a Vista SP2 machine.
Thanks for pointing the system, but what platform? ...

... and in any case - regarding both points - Please provide more detailed information about your System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

You can use your signature , so you are not asked again & again ;)

Cheers!

@Lynx

I do not comprehend your response as an answer. Please elaborate.

Let me rephrase: Does Emsisoft understand that consumers may have access to multiple systems, and that some systems that see foreign data but are not connected to the internet would have an installation of Anti-Malware that need to receive updates via a download (transferred from an alternate system)?

Other companies offer their applications as downloads, and also downloadable definition/engine ("module," in Emsisoft-speak) executables.

Silekonn

P.S. The system with the detection is not mine (not for my signature), and it is x86. My point is that the file is part of a Windows operating system and this software is falsely flagging it years after its release.

Hi again, Silekonn

I do not comprehend your response as an answer. Please elaborate.

Let me rephrase: Does Emsisoft understand...

As for the Emisisoft's understanding - the developers answered.