Sign in to follow this  
Shyam

My PC is infected (.mbed)

All files and folders are infected. File type is changed (.mbed). I request to you Please resolve the issue. I am very thankful to you.

My PC also infected with this STOP (Djvu) ransomware today. below is the .txt file

I download the decryptor provided by emsisoft but unfortunately it can't work, maybe because my id is new. Dear emsisoft please help. what can i do!

ATTENTION!

Don't worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
https://we.tl/t-wj1fybU0Fy
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that's price for you is $490.
Please note that you'll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail "Spam" or "Junk" folder if you don't get answer more than 6 hours.

To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
[email protected]

Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
[email protected]

Your personal ID:
0184Asd374y5wvhnqpE2iHqOSHKSmYk4WnCgIgMyCwiyWSy1jGBv

8 hours ago, psyphex2011 said:

Your personal ID:
0184Asd374y5wvhnqpE2iHqOSHKSmYk4WnCgIgMyCwiyWSy1jGBv

This is a newer variant of STOP/Djvu, and your ID is an online ID, so there is currently no way to decrypt your files. There is more information at the following link:
https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/32045-about-the-stopdjvu-decrypter/

@Shyam I don't know your ID, so I can't say for certain if your files will be recoverable or not. You can also find more information at that link.

On 11/22/2019 at 1:09 AM, GT500 said:

This is a newer variant of STOP/Djvu, and your ID is an online ID, so there is currently no way to decrypt your files. There is more information at the following link:
https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/32045-about-the-stopdjvu-decrypter/

Thanks for your prompt reply.

That means i have to delete all the encrypted files and reinstall the windows? Is there any any work around? I m totally f***ed man :(

If i keep the encrypted files in case hopefully you guys update your decrypter tool? Is there a chance that after some days this stopdjvu ransomware runs again?

Edited by GT500
Slightly censored.

21 hours ago, psyphex2011 said:

That means i have to delete all the encrypted files and reinstall the windows?

I recommend making a backup of the encrypted files in case they can be decrypted later.

As for reinstalling Windows, you can do that if you'd like to, however it's not necessary. Most Anti-Virus software can detect STOP/Djvu, and it's easy to remove. If you don't have Anti-Virus software, then feel free to use Emsisoft Emergency Kit (free for home/non-commercial use).

21 hours ago, psyphex2011 said:

Is there a chance that after some days this stopdjvu ransomware runs again?

It will run periodically until it gets removed. Once it's been removed, it's no longer a threat. Just keep in mind that it normally comes with pirated software (KMSPico is particularly bad about installing it), and sometimes also fake music and movie downloads from piracy sites.