Barthez

OA conflict with Xfire In-game overlay

Hi,

Xfire uses it's own in-game overlay that is used to create screenshots, record videos or for displaying FPS/clock etc. in various games. I noticed that sometimes when XIG is used and OA is working, when i exit certain games (i recall Saints Row 2, Neverwinter Nights 2 and Alpha Protocol right now but surly there are more) I'm presented with fallowing pop-up from game executable:

runtimeerror216.png

• I noticed that disabling XIG solves this issue. Exiting OA or Xfire too. Excluding game folder from OA does not helps.
  • Xfire.exe (main executable for Xfire) and xfire_tucan_xxxx.dll (used for XIG AFAIK) are marked as trusted in OA.
  • As stated before, problems seems to exists only in with couple of games. Numbers at the end of error message stays the same in all games, despite numerous reboots.

Is this a known issue? Can someone using Xfire could verify that? Should i submit a bug report ?

Xfire official site

Wikipedia entry on Xfire

I noticed that disabling XIG solves this issue. Exiting OA or Xfire too. Excluding game folder from OA does not helps.

Did you also try excluding Xfire itself? I think it has it's own folder in Program Files?

Windows Event Viewer shows OAWatch.dll could be the problem here. It is mentioned in some of the logs.

Excluding Xfire might be the temporary solution, but i use Xfire to launch most of my games and I'm not sure how they will act when parent process is excluded from OA protection. For now i just disable XIG in those games, or try yo live with it but i would rather find some real solution :)

Windows Event Viewer shows OAWatch.dll could be the problem here. It is mentioned in some of the logs.

Excluding might be the temporary solution, but i use Xfire to launch most of my games and I'm not sure how they will act when parent process is excluded from OA protection. For now i just disable XIG in those games, or try yo live with it but i would rather find some real solution :)

Does Xfire create a file called GameOverlayUI.exe in a specific subfolder located in Program Files? If the answer is yes, you could try excluding that specific folder.

Excluding Xfire folders in OA (both in Program Files and ProgramData) don't help much. Sadly i don't have time to beta test right now or submit error reports and since disabling OA helps, i will uninstall Online Armor for now. Maybe when SaftyCheck freeze and this bug will be solved, I'll come back/renew.

Thanks everyone for trying to help.