DuroTech

App says subscription expired, but I still have about 6 months left

Just noticed tonight that my Emsisoft app is claiming that my subscription is expired. Thing is, I purchased a 1-year mobile license back in May of this year (looking at the confirmation email right now). 

When I try to enter the code I was originally given (thinking maybe it just needed to be re-activated), the app says it is invalid since it has been used. 

I just updated a bunch of my apps, and perhaps Emsisoft Mobile Security was among them (I didn't pay attention, I just hit update all). So perhaps that is the issue. But as it stands now, my app is no longer fully functional despite me paying for the service and having an active license until may of 2020. Rebooted phone as well just in case, but app still comes up as non-functional requiring activation.

Screenshot_20191130-020023.thumb.png.d278f560f4c3aafc787ab9fc3e48341f.png
Download Image

I am currently on Android 10 with a Pixel 3a. 

Hello DuroTech

We've just updated Emsisoft Mobile Security, and in some cases it is detaching from the subscription in the process. This should fix it:

1. Open Emsisoft Mobile Security.
  2. Tap the pyramid of three dots in the bottom right corner.
  3. Tap your device's Google account name at the top of the menu.
  4. Tap logout.
  5. Wait 10 seconds.
  6. Tap login.

Is it working again? If yes, there should be nothing else to do. If not, please let us know.

Hi David,

When opening EMS to try out this solution, it seems the app has corrected itself. I no longer see the subscription expired screen and full access has been restored. 

Thank you for being willing to help! 😎