Sign in to follow this  
BrollyLSSJ

How do I manually update OA Free to the latest version?

I am using OA Free on one computer and OA Premium on anothter computer. With OA Premium a right click on the tray icon allows me to check for both signature (oasis) and program updates. On the free version I am missing that feature. I can check for updates in the program, but it does not mention any updates, while the Premium version today downloaded build 4.5.1.440 of oahlp.exe when i manually checked for program updates using the tray icon. I even don't know if the manual update from the gui will check for program updates or for oasis only. Were these program updates only for the Premium and ++ version? I hope the check for updates and check for program updates option will be added to the tray icon of the free version aswell.

You can check for updates for OA Free by clicking "Click here to check for updates" in the General section. It will tell you if an update is available and then you will need to manually download it from the website here (you can run the installer and choose "Upgrade install" when prompted to retain your current settings). Automatic updates like the one you saw in the Premium version, aren't available in OA Free. However, the 4.5.1.440 oahlp component that was downloaded for the Premium version isn't applicable to OA Free (it was an update to correct a bug that only affected a paid version feature) :)

Thank you for the detailed answer. But I really would like to see a check for updates and check for program updates option in the tray icon. Though if it is not for the free version, will it hurt? I mean you can install the Premium version as a trial and after 30 days it will automatically switch to the free version. Will it install the old file version or will it stay more up to date?

I mean you can install the Premium version as a trial and after 30 days it will automatically switch to the free version. Will it install the old file version or will it stay more up to date?

It would download the automatic update in this case and oahlp would be updated to 4.5.1.440 and would remain at this version after the trial expired. There would be absolutely no benefit at all to you in doing this though just to get this version of oahlp. It was only to fix an issue that affected the paid versions (in fact I believe it was only relevant to the ++ version) and didn't add any new functionality at all.