G_girl

Screen Logger Asking Permission a Zillion times

I tried to pull up Photoshop a few minutes ago and OA asked for Photoshop to use a screen logger, I said yes

(but did not want to "remember" this setting) it kept machine-gun asking over and over infinitely, I kept saying yes yes yes.

It wouldn't stop asking so I ended up doing a kill process on it.

Any Idea why it would not stop asking ?

Hi G_girl,

Mark Photoshop as Trusted in OA, and no more prompts about this.

Martin.

Thanks Martin, but I don't really like to trust these programs completely, they open processes and call home all the time even though I set automatic updating off. On my laptop i like to use as few resources and bandwidth as possible because I game and this machine has to run pretty barebone to be able to get halfway decent FPS (frames per second) in them.

This just looked like a glitch to me. I did try removing photoshop from the program list and the rules, but it still did the same thing.

Right now to use photoshop I just close down OA and disconnect from the internet.

Hi G_girl,

What is the precise message?

Does "Screen Logger detected" apply to the main Photoshop.exe like in the similar case here or the Alert is for a particular component/plugIn belonging to Photoshop?

Then, if you trust the source of the Software; the installation; its add-ons/plugIns, etc. why would you avoid Allow with Remember? (if that's what you mean by answering "Yes") or do what MMNC suggested.

Disabling the security (OA) and executing the Software in question doesn't make much sense in case there is indeed something malicious present.

re: disabling the connection - that is not a fact that the alleged logger (if any) is sending captured info in real-time... it can do it later using variety of techniques.

My regards

Hi G_girl,

Why not trust Photoshop?

We're talking about a genuine program obtained from a trustworthy source, right ?

So you should have it set as Trusted in OA, or you will strain your pc even more with OA monitoring every tiny move the program does.

If you are concerned about programs calling home without your accept, then untick "Automatically allow Trusted programs to access the internet" and "Autoconfigure Trusted programs" - both found in Options/Firewall.

You will then be prompted when a program wants internet access.

If you are concerned about resources used by this program, then you can block it in Autorun. It will no longer start on each boot, but will have to be started manually.

Martin.

>> What is the precise message? Does "Screen Logger detected" apply to the main Photoshop.exe like in the similar case >> here or the Alert is for a particular component/plugIn belonging to Photoshop?

It's stopped doing it for some reason, so I can't tell now. Not sure why, but sometimes I have to shut down OA or reboot for some things to settle down. Photoshop is starting up without the gunfire repeats of the same permission box.

>>Why not trust Photoshop? We're talking about a genuine program obtained from a trustworthy source, right ?

>>So you should have it set as Trusted in OA, or you will strain your pc even more with OA monitoring every tiny move >>the program does.

Yes its a genuine program/trustworthy source, albeit older version. The reason I don't like trusting it, is because it begins running other processes like ARM and Adobeweb, Adobe Version CUE etc..these programs tend to get heavier and heavier as time goes on.. adding this or that functionality that I don't neccesarily need. Gaming, I try to keep the processes/services to a minimum... when I benchmark i really do notice a difference in the framerates with certain things off. I don't think OA monitors every little move the program is making when it's not running and I never have it on when I game. I've just blocked the CUE and the ARM and adobeweb etc. Thanks for the help though it's ok now.

>>If you are concerned about programs calling home without your accept, then untick "Automatically allow Trusted >>programs to access the internet" and "Autoconfigure Trusted programs" - both found in Options/Firewall.

>>You will then be prompted when a program wants internet access.

Thanks have done that

Hi G_girl

Good to know that it's legit installation and you are not having troubles currently

That is not clear though from your message how and why the alerts were stopped.

Were there OA updates or you followed the advices?

...but anyway, regarding the spare services

You were concerned about running games.

Most likely you do not run PhotoShop in parallel, do you?

Then, you can disable unneeded Adobe services mentioned, which you don't use, except LM (license) service. But you can set the latter one as "Manual".

As for other unneeded system services that can be disabled in order to improve performance / memory usage / increase security / etc. please read this site and tweak the system respectively. Be patient and do it slowly one by one.

My regards

>>That is not clear though from your message how and why the alerts were stopped.

>>Were there OA updates or you followed the advices?

Sometimes when I have problems with OA, a shutdown/restart helps. I had done that a couple times because Firefox was giving me problems, but Photoshop was out of my focus. When exactly it stopped it's behavior is a mystery to me.

>>Most likely you do not run PhotoShop in parallel, do you?

No. Never.

As for other unneeded system services that can be disabled in order to improve performance / memory usage / increase security / etc. please read this site and tweak the system respectively. Be patient and do it slowly one by one.

Yes, great site. Blackviper has been a big help.

Thanks much