PoorlyPCNigel

Implementation of OAUTH 2.0 to use G Suite accounts for email notification

Is this on the development roadmap at Emsisoft ? I use my G suite account SMTP settings to deliver email notifications for events and my understanding is this will soon no longer be possible.

Any application needing to access accounts in this way will need to support OAUTH 2.0 - is this planned for Emsisoft ?

We don't generally reveal new features until there's a beta version available that includes the new features.

Have you tried logging in at my.emsisoft.com, creating a workspace, and adding your installation of EAM to it? In the workspace settings there will be a section (at the bottom) where you can add notification rules, and I'm fairly certain this works without needing to supply your own SMTP server address and credentials. Note that in addition to supporting e-mail, it also supports webhooks, which I would believe means OAuth (I'll ask for confirmation).

You can create an account for my.emsisoft.com from the "Sign up" tab on the login form if you don't already have one.

I've just had it confirmed that "webhooks" does not include OAuth support. I was also told it is not currently in our road map for inclusion in workspace notifications.