stapp

CLOSED Beta 9915

Win 10 1909 after auto updates. I am using EAM dark mode.

I see the red dot on left hand menu when scanning. So I decided to press the 3 line hamburger menu top. It seemed to break things and I cannot seem to get it back right. When I open the GUI now either I get no menu bar at the top or the scan on left hand menu seems to be stuck😭

Screenshot (6).png
Download Image

Annotation 2019-12-28 054653.jpg
Download Image

Annotation 2019-12-28 055007.jpg
Download Image

Annotation 2019-12-28 055432.jpg
Download Image

I'm seeing lots of Security Center errors in Event Viewer since this beta was released (on W10 64 1909) - I also have a yellow exclamation mark on the Windows Security icon in the system tray - it looks as if EAM is no longer integrating with Windows Security Center

image.png.a5514f55e579a6b1892ff0f0865a1814.png
Download Image

I'm not seeing event 16 errors marko and the Windows Security Center says EAM is in charge. (Win 10 64 bits 1909)

31 minutes ago, stapp said:

I'm not seeing event 16 errors marko and the Windows Security Center says EAM is in charge. (Win 10 64 bits 1909)

Have you restarted your machine since beta 9915 was installed ? - the reason I ask is because my machine updated to 9915 at 21:01 yesterday and there are no error 16's visible until after I shut down my machine at 22:38.  Since turning it on again this morning, I have hundreds of error 16's, so I'm wondering whether the errors only start after a shutdown and restart ?

I've restarted a couple of times thinking it may have been a one-off but the errors persist.

25 minutes ago, marko said:

Have you restarted your machine since beta 9915 was installed ? - the reason I ask is because my machine updated to 9915 at 21:01 yesterday and there are no error 16's  

Just done it now and still have no problem.. sorry marko.

At least it's cleared up my GUI problem above which I got while fiddling during a scan :)

Scan seems to be okay now, must have been on first run only it broke for me.

EDIT... after scan is finished it still shows scan at 100% with red detections number until a reboot.

Should it do that?

Annotation 2019-12-28 130855.jpg
Download Image

53 minutes ago, stapp said:

Just done it now and still have no problem.. sorry marko.

At least it's cleared up my GUI problem above which I got while fiddling during a scan :)

thanks for checking stapp - useful to know

I've also unchecked and rechecked Windows Security integration in EAM settings to try and force it to recognise that EAM is installed, but no joy - I'll wait to see what Frank has to say

WSC integrating issue has been fixed in today's beta2 2020.1.0.9922

UI issue happens once only and we're investigating why this happens

marko tell me what I am missing here. As you can see according to my log scanning is still at 100% in left hand side and won't disappear until I reboot. 

that progress counter and found detections counter are hidden when you click the  'new scan'  aka 'close' button. We keep this info visible until user checked the scan results.

3 minutes ago, Frank H said:

found detections counter are hidden when you click the  'new scan'  aka 'close' button. We keep this info visible until user checked the scan results.

I do not believe for one moment that most users would know that they had to click 'new scan' to get rid of the 100% still scanning thing.

> We keep this info visible until user checked the scan results.

The blue dot was visible (along with the 100% thing) here, all through yesterday - and maybe today too (until the Beta just updated - now it's gone), but I checked the most recent Custom scan's report, as soon as the scan completed.   (Later: I suppose this was a series of blue dots after a series of context scans.  But it adds nothing to my knowledge.)

There's no way, in English, that you can reasonably claim that "New scan" is synonymous with "Close".  "Close" means ending something whereas "New scan" implies starting something.

Edited:  I just tried a context scan of a few files.  At the end of that, not having been told of any problems, the scan screen is displayed, saying "No suspicious files were detected during the scan."    What else am I supposed to do to get rid of the blue dot?  I have (a) not been told of problems /during/ the scan, and (b) been told there were no problems /at the end/ of the scan.  Even if I choose to "view the report" - for which there is no reason because guess what? - it lists no problems - the blue dot is STILL being shown.   

56 minutes ago, Frank H said:

WSC integrating issue has been fixed in today's beta2 2020.1.0.9922

confirmed as fixed here - good stuff, thanks