marko

Problem viewing Scan Log via details window

Recommended Posts

I noticed a minor bug in the Logs:

If you do a scan, then click on the Scan Finished entry in the Logs and click on the Scan Log link in the open details window, the Scan Log is shown correctly.

However, if you do a scan, then click on the Scan Started entry in the Logs and select View Details, then click on the Up button to move to the Scan Finished entry, when you then click on the Scan Log link in this details window, nothing happens

Same problem occurs when trying to view the Scan Log after using the Down button to move to a Scan Finished entry

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, marko said:

I noticed a minor bug in the Logs:

If you do a scan, then click on the Scan Finished entry in the Logs and click on the Scan Log link in the open details window, the Scan Log is shown correctly.

However, if you do a scan, then click on the Scan Started entry in the Logs and select View Details, then click on the Up button to move to the Scan Finished entry, when you then click on the Scan Log link in this details window, nothing happens

Same problem occurs when trying to view the Scan Log after using the Down button to move to a Scan Finished entry

 

What EAM build do you mean marko?

In 9915 I don't get any scan finished entry!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Win 8.1, and build 9915, I see exactly what Marko describes. 

I do have separate 'Scan started' and 'Scan finished' log entries (eg for a custom scan earlier today of 1.4 million objects).  Context-menu scanning a smaller number of files - first a folder containing 100 or so, then just a handful of files selected from a folder view, and finally just a single file ... all each produce a pair of log entries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, stapp said:

What EAM build do you mean marko?

In 9915 I don't get any scan finished entry!!!

I see it in 2019.11.1.9884, hence why I posted on this forum rather than the beta forum, although I also see the same thing with the latest beta 9915.

Not sure why you don't have any scan finished entries unless you were too quick off the mark - I've noticed the log can take a few seconds to populate sometimes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, marko said:

I see it in 2019.11.1.9884, hence why I posted on this forum rather than the beta forum, although I also see the same thing with the latest beta 9915.

Not sure why you don't have any scan finished entries unless you were too quick off the mark - I've noticed the log can take a few seconds to populate sometimes.

 

marko tell me what I am missing here. As you can see according to my log scanning is still at 100% in left hand side and won't disappear until I reboot. 

 

Annotation 2019-12-28 164246.jpg
Download Image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stapp said:

marko tell me what I am missing here. As you can see according to my log scanning is still at 100% in left hand side and won't disappear until I reboot.
Download Image

well, it looks as if you have some components unselected as the box at top right of the log windows says 'selected components' rather than 'All components -I'm convinced there is a bug in the Log component selection bit (which I'm sure you've flagged up before) so for now, make sure you have Select All selected, and you should see something like this (you may need to navigate away from the Log and back again for it to fully re-populate)

image.png.a30f52716407294b5d8ba016920ba69b.png
Download Image

If you click on one of the Scan Finished entries, then View Details, you should be able to then view the Scan Log for that scan.  If you then close the Scan Log window and click on Down, then Up, then click on the Scan Log link again, nothing happens - the action of clicking on the Up or Down buttons seems to prevent EAM from displaying the Scan Log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you are right, it was on Selected Components.  Changed it and now I see 'scan finished'.

Thing is marko, I'm sure I didn't change it, I always keep it at All components as I like to see everything :) 

Perhaps it happened when the GUI went crazy this morning after the beta update scan.

The little red scan icon is still stuck on 100% though 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stapp said:

Yes you are right, it was on Selected Components.  Changed it and now I see 'scan finished'.

Thing is marko, I'm sure I didn't change it, I always keep it at All components as I like to see everything :) 

Perhaps it happened when the GUI went crazy this morning after the beta update scan.

The little red scan icon is still stuck on 100% though 😂

good, glad it's ok now - my scan icon also shows 100% still, even though the last scan finished over 3 hours ago - not sure if this is by design as it's confusing I think, although maybe we shouldn't be discussing a beta feature in the release forum as that'll be confusing for everyone 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2019 at 1:02 PM, marko said:

my scan icon also shows 100% still, even though the last scan finished over 3 hours ago

Did you click the "New scan" button after the scan finished? The scan results will remain on the "Scan & Clean" screen until you click that button, so EAM 2020.1.0.9915 will show the blue dot on the scan icon on the left when it's collapsed, and it will show 100% when it's expanded.

 

On 12/28/2019 at 10:27 AM, marko said:

However, if you do a scan, then click on the Scan Started entry in the Logs and select View Details, then click on the Up button to move to the Scan Finished entry, when you then click on the Scan Log link in this details window, nothing happens

Confirmed. I'll let QA know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GT500 said:

Did you click the "New scan" button after the scan finished?  

I don't think that a scan should stay at showing 100%.

And I don't think people would automatically think ''Oh, I must click the new scan button or it will stay at 100%''

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, stapp said:

And I don't think people would automatically think ''Oh, I must click the new scan button or it will stay at 100%''

It's a byproduct of how the scanner UI has worked for a while. A finished scan doesn't actually close until you click that button, start a new scan, or restart your computer.

Feel free to post in the beta forum if you have any ideas on improving the functionality. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GT500 said:

 

Feel free to post in the beta forum if you have any ideas on improving the functionality. ;)

I have done...quite a few times!!

At one time an update would trigger a response in things which would stop the 'still scanning' thing. Now it doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.