Sign in to follow this  
stapp

CLOSED A question about hourly updates.

If there are no updates to be downloaded, is it normal for the EAM tray when you hover over it to show that the last update was an hour earlier?

For example at 14.33 there were no update files to be downloaded Forensics said, so the EAM tray when you hover says the last update was at 13.33

Surely an update, whether there were files to be downloaded or not, should show in the tray so users now it is working correctly ?

This is what I am talking about. There was an update check at 15.44 but no files were updated.

But the tray shows the last update check was at 14.44

Annotation 2020-01-01 161433.jpg
Download Image

55 minutes ago, stapp said:

This is what I am talking about. There was an update check at 15.44 but no files were updated.

Download Image

I'm pretty sure it's been like this for years Stapp - there's an old thread here where Fabian explains the reasoning behind this https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/6972-problem-with-last-update/?tab=comments#comment-41658

31 minutes ago, marko said:

I'm pretty sure it's been like this for years Stapp - there's an old thread here where Fabian explains the reasoning behind this https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/6972-problem-with-last-update/?tab=comments#comment-41658

Well I don't agree with it :) (or Fabian ***stapp waves to him)

Under Action in Forensics it says 'update finished' if you look at my screenshot.

So that should be reflected timewise in what is seen in the tray ...the update has finished.

I hover over my tray icon often to check updates are running OK. When it shows the update as an hour earlier than it should, then it is normal to think there is a problem.

2 hours ago, stapp said:

Download Image

I don't have an opinion either way to be honest, but the tray tooltip actually says 'Last update' rather than 'Last update check' so is technically correct as that was when it last updated files

If I notice that the tray icon is showing the last update time as an hour or two earlier, then that prompts me to wonder why and a simple check of the log will explain why

If the last update time in the tray showed the last update check time instead, how would you know if there was a problem ?