jjfoto

After install Win10 no update on Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Hi,

I cannot update Emsisoft, last update was 14 days ago. I have no internet connection problem, but Emsisoft keeps telling me I do. So what to do now?

Just a couple of quick things to try.

Have you restarted your machine ?

Have you looked in Windows Update area and checked that you have all updates installed, and none waiting to be installed?

What is the actual message that EAM gives you?

Hi,

It says (translated from Dutch): Cannot connect with the update server. Look into your internet connection and proxy configuration.

Yes restarted and updated all Windows updates

1 hour ago, jjfoto said:

I tried downloading through my macbook and it does download. So it is blocked by Win10 somewhere?

I can download them all on Win 10 so it may be your location ?

What other security software do you have on the machine?

It is weird, I looked in it some more: win 10 is up to date with Windows Updates, but it is not downloading windows security updates. And also not manually downloading some files, even not its own defender. So I’m not sure what’s causing this problem. But it has something to do with Win10 itself

Have you tried running the following in a command prompt as admin?

sfc /scannow

then, after it is finished do......

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Have a couple of cups of coffee and a sandwich while you wait.

Hi, I tried everything and there was an error: service registration. But it didn't fix the problem. I was thinking and thinking and finally I got an idea. I have a new TP Link Deco. And there was a profile on it attached to my pc instead of another device. This profile apparently block some downloads. Windows update came throught, but security updates didn't. OMG took me a long time to realise this. But I'm glad it works again. Installed the new version of Emsisoft and updates we're downing fast. Thank you for your willingness to help me! Happy NY!

23 hours ago, jjfoto said:

I have a new TP Link Deco. And there was a profile on it attached to my pc instead of another device. This profile apparently block some downloads.

I don't know what "profile" means in what you describe - "an optional group of settings" perhaps?

Google tells me that a feature of some/all Deco models is that it has built-in antivirus and scans all of your network's incoming and outgoing traffic.   

On 1/5/2020 at 2:12 PM, jjfoto said:

I have a new TP Link Deco. And there was a profile on it attached to my pc instead of another device. This profile apparently block some downloads. Windows update came throught, but security updates didn't.

It could have been blocking the CDN we use, or possibly Cloudflare (which we protect our servers with). If you run in to any problems like this in the future, we do have a tool that creates a diagnostic log which can be used by our support team to get a general idea of where an issue may be occurring.

https://help.emsisoft.com/en/1735/how-do-i-use-the-emsisoft-diagnostic-tool/

Edited by GT500
Fixed typo.

13 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

I don't know what "profile" means in what you describe - "an optional group of settings" perhaps?

Google tells me that a feature of some/all Deco models is that it has built-in antivirus and scans all of your network's incoming and outgoing traffic.   

Hi,

It was a parental control. You can put filters on devices. I was just testing this a while ago. I forgot about it. And apparently I had some parental control attached to my pc instead of another device. When I deleted this everything worked fine again. I did this within the app and the app itself didn't give info about what it is blocking. So I have to figure this out before using this again.

2 hours ago, GT500 said:

It could have been blocking the CDN we use, or possibly Cloudflare (which we protect our servers with). If you run in to any problems like this in the future, we do have a tool that creates a diagnostic log which can be used by our support team to get a general idea of what's where an issue may be occurring.

https://help.emsisoft.com/en/1735/how-do-i-use-the-emsisoft-diagnostic-tool/

Thanks for giving this info. I will use this in the future if necessary