mr aman

Thank you so much for decrypt my files

Dear Emsisoft,
I am writing this note to show my gratitude for my decrypted files. I remember that 6 December in the evening, my 500GB hard disk fully encrypted by ransomware djvu. My all files converted into .righ extension. Data was really precious for me I tried many methods to decrypt my files but nothing work. I also tried your decryptor (decrypt_STOPDjvu) but at that time it did not work for me. But to my fortune, you're professionally found the solution of this new variant.
I reiterate that thank you so much. I respect your efforts.

It sounds like you were fortunate enough to have an offline ID, and someone gave us a decrypter for that offline ID after they paid the ransom.

Keep in mind that there's always a danger of something like this happening again. Make sure you have good security software (we make some, and there are a few good ones from other companies as well), and make sure to keep a backup of any important files.

Important note: If your computer has access to the backup of your files, then so does ransomware. Always back up data on something that can be disconnected from the computer (USB flash drives, external hard drives, tape drives, etc).

Hi. Thank you for your efforts to decrypt user files.
My internal hard drive files are infected with .Righ extension but I have a copy of the same file on the external hard drive. Can I find the online key?
Thanks

Hello @masoudkhsh,

Welcome to the Emsisoft Support Forums.

General Notes With Regards to STOP/DJVU

1. If the decryption tool tells you the files cannot be decrypted, then they cannot be decrypted.  That is not an error message.
  2. If your files have an Online ID that means that the files encryption keys were generated and stored on a command & control server under the control of the ransomware gang responsible for encrypting your files.  We do not have access to those keys.  Our ability to add private encryption keys for Online IDs depends entirely on law enforcement agencies arresting the criminals and releasing their database of private keys for inclusion in decryption tools.
  3. New Variant STOP/DJVU utilizes both the RSA and Salsa20 encryption algorithms.  Both RSA and Salsa20 are considered secure encryption methods and are unbreakable using current technologies. They are not reversible, cannot be cracked, and we are not able to generate a decryption key.  So do not send us encrypted files thinking we can recover your decryption key, we can't.

Also, see https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/32045-about-the-stopdjvu-decrypter/ for more information on the STOP/DJVU decryption tool.