Hey guys, good night.

I have noticed high CPU usage on my notebook during some tasks, like when I turn on my notebook, untill it loads everything, the CPU usage is around 100%. When I open some softwares, like Rambox, also 100% CPU usage.

The notebook is an Acer A515-52G-58LZ, with an i5 8265U CPU, 16GB RAM, the system drive is a corsair MP510 480GB and I also have a 1TB HDD drive for data and backup. I know you will problaly need logs, or something like that, so please, tell me where I can find then and I will gladly post them here.

Thanks in advance.

Here's how to send us debug logs:

1. Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Click on the little gear icon on the left side of the Emsisoft Anti-Malware window (roughly in the middle).
  3. Click Advanced in the menu at the top.
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the Advanced section, and change the option for Debug logging to Enabled for 1 day.
  5. After that, close the Emsisoft Anti-Malware window.
  6. Reproduce the issue you are having (do something that causes the 100% CPU usage).
  7. Once you have reproduced the issue, open Emsisoft Anti-Malware again.
  8. Click on the little icon in the lower-left (right above the question mark) that looks like little chat bubbles.
  9. Click on the button that says Send an email.
  10. Select the logs on the right that show today's dates (if you try to send too many logs, then we may not receive them).
  11. Fill in the e-mail contact form with your name, your e-mail address, and a description of what the logs are for (if possible please leave a link to the topic on the forums that the logs are related to in your message).
  12. If you have any screenshots or another file that you need to send with the logs, then you can click the Attach file button at the bottom (only one file can be attached at a time).
  13. Click on Send now at the bottom once you are ready to send the logs.

Important: Please be sure to turn debug logging back off after sending us the logs. There are some negative effects to having debug logging turned on, such as reduced performance and wasting hard drive space, and it is not recommended to leave debug logging turned on for a long period of time unless it is necessary to collect debug logs.

Out of curiosity, how much CPU usage does Task Manager attribute to each of the following processes (In Windows 10 check the Details tab in Task Manager):

• a2guard.exe
  • a2start.exe
  • a2service.exe

Nevermind, I think I solved the problem. I think Emsisoft does not get along with Park Control, because every time Park Control did something, Emsisoft had a CPU spike.

I uninstalled Park Control and it seems a lot better. Thanks in advance.

OK, thanks for letting us know.

Core parking shouldn't be an issue on modern editions of Windows, at least as long as you have a high performance power plan selected, however if you want to verify this then the tool at the following link should help:
https://coderbag.com/product/quickcpu

You may also be able to find more information and settings in the advanced CPU tweaking utilities available directly from Intel and AMD.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master