Pavlin_S

.topi extension ransomware

How much time a team of emsisoft usually take to find decription for ransomware ...topi for example? I have infection of files at my work and they are realy important. So important that i can lose my job. If soon somebory find the solution to decrypt files it can be fatal for me :(

14 hours ago, Hazard said:

...topi for example?

That's not a separate ransomware. That's a variant of STOP/Djvu, and nothing has changed about it's encryption. Unless there's a major new development (such as someone discovering a security vulnerability in the encryption process that everyone has missed thus far), then no new decrypter will be released for the STOP/Djvu ransomware.

The best chance for decryption of newer variants of STOP/Djvu is if law enforcement is able to gain access to the database of private keys kept by the criminals and release those for us to add to our decrypter's database.

14 hours ago, Hazard said:

If soon somebory find the solution to decrypt files it can be fatal for me :(

We understand that this can be difficult, however our recommendation is to make a backup copy of your encrypted files in case something does change in the future.

Some people may have luck contacting a company such as Coveware to see if they can help with negotiating a discount on the ransom payment, however we've been told by some victims that Coveware doesn't do business with the residents of certain countries, so they may not be an option for everyone.

15 hours ago, Sensei said:

Any new update on the .topi ransomware?

.topi is a variant of STOP/Djvu, and there is nothing different about it than other variants beyond the fact that it is a newer variant and not an older variant. There have been no changes about newer variants.

On 1/24/2020 at 12:37 PM, GT500 said:

This is a newer variant of STOP/Djvu. If you have an offline ID, then once we can find the decryption key for this variant and add it to our database you should be able to recover your files. However, if you have an online ID (which is more likely) then it will not be possible to recover your files. There is more information at the following link:
https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/32045-about-the-stopdjvu-decrypter/

My Files are encrypted with an online ID : fWo1ts2xpBS8qynAkYtIPBK98CFFnVo5kQvb0dsg, But EMSISOFT Djvu Decryptor has decrypted 3 files and after that it says that its impossible to decrypt as files are encrypted with online ID.  Then how it decrypted those 3 files.

On 2/28/2020 at 2:13 AM, Mike Fodi said:

Then how it decrypted those 3 files.

Did those three files have the same ID as the files that couldn't be decrypted? Sometimes the ransomware will encrypted different files with different ID's and public keys.

The files that were decrypted would have been encrypted by the offline ID... as explained in the FAQ, the malware sometimes encrypts some files with an online key, and others with an offline key. Those 3 files just got lucky.

The decryptor would not show the ID if it decrypted them; only if it could not decrypt the files.

• Thanks 1

Hi .. Today my external hardisk is affected with .Topi extension 

By reading this forum only I come to know that it is an online ID

Is there any way to recover my files. 

15 hours ago, SanthoshRasa said:

Today my external hardisk is affected with .Topi extension 

By reading this forum only I come to know that it is an online ID

An online ID means your files were encrypted by a unique public key, meaning the private key to decrypt them will also be unique and only known by the criminals who made/distributed the ransomware. Since the only way to decrypt your files is with the private key, we won't be able to help you decrypt them. There is more information at the following link:

15 hours ago, alfareiga said:

ID: DOUQASqLyLJrmvFDHCONt7qbP6sIjTe9IGssalPV

Assuming this is for .topi, this is a newer variant of STOP/Djvu, and your ID is an online ID, so there is currently no way to decrypt your files. There is more information at the following link: