sdalgl72

Does Emsisoft Cache

I can't for the life of me find out whether the file guard caches results.  Like other AV's do.  I am ok with it not it's just out of interest meaning if I know the system is completely clean (because fresh install) I don't have to worry about doing a full scan to try and speed up future use.

I'm fairly certain the File Guard doesn't cache scan results, however I'll ask QA to verify this.

Edited by GT500
Fix typo.

We do cache scan results in the file guard (meaning each set of signatures is only ever used once to scan a file and a file won't be scanned again unless there are new signatures or the system gets rebooted). The on-demand scans do not cache scan results. If you do an on-demand scan, we think you will want to do an on-demand scan and not skip files during the scan.

That's cool thanks.  I just wanted to know whether it was too my advantage to do a full scan on a new system that was all to increase performance.  But if what your saying is true then it will have no baring