Sign in to follow this  
BbooRekt

.bboo Large Video files recovered

I have managed to recover some old good videos that were encrypted. Of course this method is not about Decrypting them. Using a popular software to repair videos (Search in google) this method worked for 30% of my video files. I guess it just cut the corrupted frames and compile it without it and returns the video.

Hope this helps someone else.

If I remember right, STOP/Djvu only encrypts a certain number of bytes of a file, so with larger files it may be possible to recover parts of them using software intended to repair those files (videos are a good example). It should be noted that this method isn't going to work for most files, and it will more than likely leave gaps of missing information/data at the beginning of the files.

2 hours ago, GT500 said:

If I remember right, STOP/Djvu only encrypts a certain number of bytes of a file, so with larger files it may be possible to recover parts of them using software intended to repair those files (videos are a good example). It should be noted that this method isn't going to work for most files, and it will more than likely leave gaps of missing information/data at the beginning of the files.

Definitely this is the case. Just wanted to drop some info about it in case I can help someone. Thanks for clarifying.

• Upvote 1