Sign in to follow this  
SeriousHoax

Security verification code not received

I'm trying to login to my Emsisoft account but no verification code has been sent to my email. More than 30 minutes have passed and still nothing. Tried multiple times but no email yet. This happened one more time a month ago and I received the code more than 3 hours after that time. This is very frustrating. What's going on!

• Thanks 1

Same here. Just repeatedly tried to login with both my personal MyEmsisoft account and my company's
MyEmsisoft account (the accounts use two completely different email addresses with two different email providers).

No verification code has been received on either of the two email addresses.

Congratulations, you successfully locked out your customers 😍🥰😁😉

So not just me but many people are suffering from it. There can be unexpected issue sometimes which I understand and it's Sunday plus they also have a smaller team compared to other big guns out there so maybe that's why they've not been able to fix it yet but for me the worst thing is, they didn't bother asking the user before adding this email verification to out account. I never set up any email verification in my account they automatically added it few months ago. It surely secures the account but they should've asked the user's permission before doing it. This is absurd and extremely frustrating.

@SeriousHoax and @Raynor were the accounts you were trying to log in to using the same e-mail address as your forum accounts? If not, then please send me a private message and tell me the e-mail address of the account you were trying to log in to. We can check and see if there were any errors sending security codes.

Note that there have been a few outages during the day, so there's a possibility that those may have caused the issues you ran in to.

5 hours ago, GT500 said:

@SeriousHoax and @Raynor were the accounts you were trying to log in to using the same e-mail address as your forum accounts? If not, then please send me a private message and tell me the e-mail address of the account you were trying to log in to. We can check and see if there were any errors sending security codes.

Note that there have been a few outages during the day, so there's a possibility that those may have caused the issues you ran in to.

The codes arrived some hours later.

I have sent you an PM with the email addresses used, maybe that helps
if you want to do some more in-depth checks 🙂

18 hours ago, Raynor said:

I have sent you an PM with the email addresses used, maybe that helps
if you want to do some more in-depth checks 🙂

Are you still having issues with receiving security codes? As far as I know the systems were fixed before my first post here.

12 hours ago, Raynor said:

Things are back to normal, just tried. Thanks 👍

OK, thanks for letting us know. ;)

Today I am again having problems receiving security codes.
I just tried three times, no code received 😢

Are there any knows issues right now?

Just tried again for the fourth time, no luck.

The email address used for My Emsisioft works fine for other external emails,
I just tried sending some test emails to it from other external addresses.
All my test mails arrived within seconds, so the address itself is in fine working order.

17 hours ago, Raynor said:

Just tried again for the fourth time, no luck.

It looks like you were able to log in later in the day. I assume you were finally able to receive the security code?

BTW: MyEmsisoft now has support for 2-Factor Authentication/One-Time Password apps like Google Authentication, Authy, etc. If you would like to configure one of those and only use e-mail as a backup, then that should help minimize the possibility of login issue due to failures to receive mail.

5 hours ago, GT500 said:

It looks like you were able to log in later in the day. I assume you were finally able to receive the security code?

Actually, no 🙃

None of yesterday's codes (4 attempts) has been reveived so far.
I just tried again for the fifth time, and today the code arrived within seconds,
so I was just able to login correctly.

I will definitely setup an OTP-App as backup straight away 😊

Your mail service providers are blocking the e-mails from the 3rd-party mail provider we use (Mailgun) for sending the security codes. We'll look in to ways to resolve such issues, but they can happen regardless of what mail server we use to send them.

3 hours ago, grayskull said:

Are you using Magicspam filter?

For me, I receive the OTP within 5 minutes. Just need to refresh the inbox.

It's not his filters, it's his service provider. We have logs of the rejection errors.

Argh, how can I add another authenticator app instance for the same console account?

I added both my iPad and my iPhone (using the Microsoft Authenticator app) a few days ago
(as I said above, I was going to do that 😀). Today at work, we tried to add a third authenticator
app instance for our cloud console account on my co-admin's iPhone. We did not find a way to do so.
In the console account settings there is only the button "Disable Authenticator" and
 can't find a way to have another QR code displayed.

How the heck did I add my two devices in the first place - I can't quite remember. But I definitely did
not dream that I added both devices. Just checked again, and the authenticator was working on both
devices, showing the same code.

Did you recently (in the last few days) change anything in the direction that it is not possible anymore to
add more than one authenticator app instance per console account?

I don't think it is supposed to be possible to use more than one authenticator app at the same time for the same account, however I will ask to verify that.

One of our developers confirmed that we only support one authenticator app per account. He recommends using an authenticator app that allows you to sync across multiple devices. Authy is a good example, however there should be others that have similar features:
https://authy.com/features/multiple-devices/

20 hours ago, Raynor said:

Then I'll create an additional ECC account for my co-admin so that
he can also use an authenticator app on his own phone.

That's usually the best way to handle it when more than one person needs access. 👍

• Thanks 1