SeriousHoax

High CPU usage from a2start and commservice

4 hours ago, SeriousHoax said:

Ok. Good to know that the log was useful.

QA has done some testing, and they found that the issue is OSArmor. You need to exclude the Emsisoft Anti-Malware folder in OSArmor in order to resolve the issue.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GT500 said:

QA has done some testing, and they found that the issue is OSArmor. You need to exclude the Emsisoft Anti-Malware folder in OSArmor in order to resolve the issue.

Ok no problem. But this was the only issue? Everything else is fine? Btw, I've used OSArmor with Emsisoft in the past and they worked fine together. What has changed now?

13 hours ago, GT500 said:

and they found that the issue is OSArmor.  

Interesting. I use OSArmor and have had no issues that I know of.

Can't confirm it, I have very low power usage (4 Emsisoft process, all at very low usage).  All apps start very quick, even system  boot start up is very fast.

Version software: 2020.4.1.10107

Windows 10 Pro, latest version plus latest updates.

Bad news: on my W8.1 system, today a2start.exe reached 7 to 8% cpu (so roughly half to two-thirds of one core) whereas for the last couple of days it'd typically been 0.1 - 0.2%.   That's beta feed, v -.10107.   I noticed it just after starting Chrome (whereas normally I use Firefox), but even with both browsers shut down that level of cpu usage was maintained.

I dumped a2start (using Process Hacker running as Admin), but only realised afterwards that EAM's self protection was still on.  I don't know if the dump will be any use.  I've got debug logs too though.    I'll PM Arthur & Frank with the location of the dump etc.

Hello,

I confirm that the issue is not solved.

I'm a new user and I've installed Emsisoft Anti-Malware for the first time today. I'm still in trial period. My laptop is running Windows 10 Home with all updates. Program version is 2020.4.1.10107. Since few hours Emsisoft Security Center (a2start.exe) is constantly eating 25-30% of CPU. This is very annoying because my CPU is basic model and having constant load 30% influences a lot my daily work. I hope the issue will be solved by the end of my trail period, otherwise I'm not planning to buy the licence.

Have a nice evening,

Krzysztof

I've had the problem again today.    I've dumped a2start and sent the location of the dump, & debug logs to @Frank H and @GT500  .    This time I did remember to turn self-protection off before dumping it...

On 4/11/2020 at 9:54 AM, SeriousHoax said:

Btw, I've used OSArmor with Emsisoft in the past and they worked fine together. What has changed now?

We're not certain exactly what caused it.

On 4/11/2020 at 10:11 AM, stapp said:

Interesting. I use OSArmor and have had no issues that I know of.

It's possible that it only effects some people. I know that Frank was able to reproduce it in testing. With OSArmor installed and no exclusions a2start.exe CPU usage was roughly 12%, however after adding an exclusion for the EAM folder in OSArmor and restarting EAM the CPU usage of a2start.exe stayed around 0%.

On 4/12/2020 at 4:58 PM, Krzysztof said:

I'm a new user and I've installed Emsisoft Anti-Malware for the first time today. I'm still in trial period. My laptop is running Windows 10 Home with all updates. Program version is 2020.4.1.10107. Since few hours Emsisoft Security Center (a2start.exe) is constantly eating 25-30% of CPU. This is very annoying because my CPU is basic model and having constant load 30% influences a lot my daily work. I hope the issue will be solved by the end of my trail period, otherwise I'm not planning to buy the licence.

Let's try getting a log from FRST, and see what it shows. You can find instructions for downloading and running FRST at the following link:
https://help.emsisoft.com/en/1738/how-do-i-run-a-scan-with-frst/

Note: When FRST checks the Windows Firewall settings, Emsisoft Anti-Malware's Behavior Blocker will quarantine it automatically. This can be avoided by clicking "Wait, I think this is safe" in the notification that is displayed while FRST is scanning.

I've sent you my logs via PM.

PS. Today I'm working heavily on my laptop since morning. System is up for more than 13 hours so far and Emsisoft Security Center is showing 0% CPU load all the time. That's great news but I wonder if this is just a coincidence or there was some change made to the Emsisoft program in the meantime.

11 hours ago, Krzysztof said:

PS. Today I'm working heavily on my laptop since morning. System is up for more than 13 hours so far and Emsisoft Security Center is showing 0% CPU load all the time. That's great news but I wonder if this is just a coincidence or there was some change made to the Emsisoft program in the meantime.

There have been no published changes to Emsisoft Anti-Malware in the past few days that I am aware of.

As for your logs, the only real issue I'm seeing is the following:

Error: (04/13/2020 10:47:52 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7034) (User: )
Description: The AMD User Experience Program Launcher service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).

The logs show 2 of these crashes on the 13th, and 6 on the 12th. If you start seeing the high CPU usage issue again, then add the following folder to both scanning and monitoring exclusions, and then restart the computer by right-clicking on the Start button, going to Shut down or sign out, and selecting Restart from this menu to bypass Fast Startup:

• C:\Program Files\AMD\

Here are instructions on excluding a folder from scanning and monitoring:

1. Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Click on the little gear icon on the left side of the Emsisoft Anti-Malware window (roughly in the middle).
  3. Click on Exclusions in the menu at the top.
  4. The exclusions section contains two lists (Exclude from scanning and Exclude from monitoring). Look for the box right under where it says Exclude from scanning.
  5. Click on the Add folder button right below the Exclude from scanning box.
  6. Navigate to the folder you would like to exclude, click on it once to select it, and then click OK.
  7. Scroll down to the box under Exclude from monitoring and click the Add folder button right below that box.
  8. Navigate to the folder you would like to exclude, click on it once to select it, and then click OK.
  9. Close Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

Hello,

This morning I notice that a2start is consuming 75% to 95% of CPU, leading to noticeable performance issues on my laptop (Dell Inspiron, Windows 10, Core i5, 8GB RAM). This is after  a cold start. Please advise.

Screenshot.png
Download Image

Your image doesn't show high  a2start  (the gui) cpu usage, but instead high  a2service (the bit that actually scans things etc) use.

Do you have a scan running?

Did you cold start the machine just because it was off and needed to be on, or were you in the midst of something else that BSODed, or applying updates, or any other issue?  Was the machine working perfectly beforehand?

FYI: For anyone still having this problem, we are still investigating it. We've seen high CPU usage from a2start.exe as well, however once a2start.exe is restarted the issue takes some time to manifest again (if it ever does) which is making it take extra time to debug.

> We've seen high CPU usage from a2start.exe as well, however once a2start.exe is restarted the issue takes some time to manifest again (if it ever does) which is making it take extra time to debug.

The unpredictability really surprises me.  I use my pc in, as far as I can tell, near identical ways each day - mainly at the moment browsing news websites (the same ones each day), and watching stuff on iPlayer, and a2start is fine for many hours, sometime all day, some days... and goes mad on other occasions not even when the machine is otherwise really busy.

25 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

The unpredictability really surprises me.  I use my pc in, as far as I can tell, near identical ways each day - mainly at the moment browsing news websites (the same ones each day), and watching stuff on iPlayer, and a2start is fine for many hours, sometime all day, some days... and goes mad on other occasions not even when the machine is otherwise really busy.

Intermittent issues do happen from time to time, however they're usually fairly rare. This one we're not even certain if it's rare or common, since the average person wouldn't even know it's happening. The average person would wonder why their computer is slow, but how many of them would even know how to check CPU usage of running processes to find the culprit?

Indeed; quite often the problem builds so slowly that if you shut down (or even just log out) every day you could easily not notice it, and the more cores you have the more likely you are to not notice too, as unless the machine is heavily loaded it will still cope.  For me it was only the laptop fan being on more than usual that made me look into it.  Using the laptop off mains I don't even notice diminished battery life.

17 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

For me it was only the laptop fan being on more than usual that made me look into it.

I would have never noticed it myself if I hadn't looked at my CPU usage graph:

image.png
Download Image

Emsi is back to its old unacceptable tricks after yesterday's Windows 10 update - Emsisoft Ptotection Service is constantly using at least 35% CPU and the laptop fans are going crazy. Completely fed up after months of this. Will uninstall. 

@eliastz   Or, you could help Emsi to find out what the problem is?    The interesting thing about your most recent complaint is that it kind of implies that you've NOT had the high cpu problem recently, and it just started again ("is back to its old ... tricks"), along with the Windows updates.   You reported you had the problem in Feb and early March.  When did it go away?

(Just to be clear: I have the other problem: a2start goes mad, a lot.  That though can be worked around because a2start doesn't have to be running all the time.)

The problem is completely unpredictable. It can be fine for hours or even days and then all of sudden there will be huge CPU spikes. This is on a Windows 10, HP laptop, Intel i7, 12GB RAM.

21 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Or, you could help Emsi to find out what the problem is?

We're able to debug it internally. It's just taking us some time to figure out what's going on due to how unpredictable reproducing the issue is. When you sometimes have to wait for days or even a week to know if the issue is still going to happen, it really slows things down.

17 hours ago, eliastz said:

The problem is completely unpredictable. It can be fine for hours or even days and then all of sudden there will be huge CPU spikes. This is on a Windows 10, HP laptop, Intel i7, 12GB RAM.

We agree that this issue needs to be fixed. I've been helping collect debug information whenever possible to aid our developers in figuring this out, so hopefully this won't be an issue for too much longer.

For now, when it happens, simply right-click on the little Emsisoft icon in the lower-right corner of the screen (to the left of the clock) and select Shut down protection. After that hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys on your keyboard and press Esc to open the Task Manager, click More details in the lower-left, switch to the Details tab, and wait until a2service.exe disappears from the list. Next you can re-open Emsisoft Anti-Malware from the Start Menu, and the CPU usage will be normal. That should save you the trouble of needing to restart your computer to fix it.

I started a trial of the Business version today and I can confirm the same symptoms seem to occur here too.

For the most better part of the day CPU usage was in the acceptable, low to very low range, but for the last hour or two it suddenly spiked up to between 10 and 20%.

Version info:

Almost vanilla configuration, just excluded some (development) folders. Barracuda VPN was used during the day, but starting / stopping that did not change the symptoms.

Shutdown Protection + manual relaunch from Start Menu looks like it works as a workaround (for me).

2 hours ago, spcrngr said:

Shutdown Protection + manual relaunch from Start Menu looks like it works as a workaround (for me).

a2start.exe needs to be exited and relaunched in order to stop the high CPU usage, and that's the quickest way to do it without turning the self-protection off.

We're still investigating the exact cause, but we're getting closer to figuring it out. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Does the new beta help with this issue?
https://blog.emsisoft.com/en/36318/emsisoft-anti-malware-2020-6-beta/

Here's how to install it:

2. Click on the little gear icon on the left side of the Emsisoft Anti-Malware window (roughly in the middle).
  3. Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  4. On the left, in the Updates section, look for Update feed.
  5. Click on the box to the right of where it says Update feed, and select Beta from the list.
  6. Right-click on the little Emsisoft icon in the lower-right corner of the screen (to the left of the clock).
  7. Select Update now from the list.

3 hours ago, GT500 said:

Does the new beta help with this issue?
https://blog.emsisoft.com/en/36318/emsisoft-anti-malware-2020-6-beta/

Here's how to install it:

3. Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  4. On the left, in the Updates section, look for Update feed.
  5. Click on the box to the right of where it says Update feed, and select Beta from the list.
  6. Right-click on the little Emsisoft icon in the lower-right corner of the screen (to the left of the clock).
  7. Select Update now from the list.

I just updated to the beta feed and it seems to have made a2start not be as bad with CPU usage primarily sitting at a constant 0.3% with it, but commservice still jumps randomly even when the computer is idle to 7-8% CPU usage.

5 hours ago, Telunia said:

... commservice still jumps randomly even when the computer is idle to 7-8% CPU usage.

I don't think we were aware that there were still issues with commservice. What CPU do you have?

Also, is anyone else still having issues with commservice?

3 minutes ago, GT500 said:

I don't think we were aware that there were still issues with commservice. What CPU do you have?

Also, is anyone else still having issues with commservice?

I have an i7-8700 CPU

9 minutes ago, Telunia said:

I have an i7-8700 CPU

OK, so 6 cores and 12 threads (with Hyper-Threading on). 100 / 12 = 8.3 (roughly), so 7-8% CPU usage could be almost an entire logical core.

How easy is it to reproduce this CPU usage issue with commservice?

5 minutes ago, GT500 said:

OK, so 6 cores and 12 threads (with Hyper-Threading on). 100 / 12 = 8.3 (roughly), so 7-8% CPU usage could be almost an entire logical core.

How easy is it to reproduce this CPU usage issue with commservice?

It is easy to reproduce. It jumps from 0% to 7-8% constantly whether the computer is idle or I am doing anything at all. Do you need any logs from me?

Edited by Telunia
Adding information

30 minutes ago, Telunia said:

Do you need any logs from me?

Debug logs would be fantastic if you could get some. Here's how:

3. Click Advanced in the menu at the top.
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the Advanced section, and change the option for Debug logging to Enabled for 1 day.
  5. After that, close the Emsisoft Anti-Malware window.
  6. Reproduce the issue you are having (wait for commservice CPU usage to rise to 7-8%).
  7. Once you have reproduced the issue, open Emsisoft Anti-Malware again.
  8. Click on the little icon in the lower-left (right above the question mark) that looks like little chat bubbles.
  9. Click on the button that says Send an email.
  10. Select the logs on the right that show today's dates (if you try to send too many logs, then we may not receive them).
  11. Fill in the e-mail contact form with your name, your e-mail address, and a description of what the logs are for (if possible please leave a link to the topic on the forums that the logs are related to in your message).
  12. If you have any screenshots or another file that you need to send with the logs, then you can click the Attach file button at the bottom (only one file can be attached at a time).
  13. Click on Send now at the bottom once you are ready to send the logs.

Important: Please be sure to turn debug logging back off after sending us the logs. There are some negative effects to having debug logging turned on, such as reduced performance and wasting hard drive space, and it is not recommended to leave debug logging turned on for a long period of time unless it is necessary to collect debug logs.

My initial impression regarding  a2start  cpu behaviour has changed, but maybe isn't right.   I thought that last night after the dynamic install of the beta, and this morning I have done a full shutdown and cold boot.  (Using 64bit Win 8.1 with a 4-core 8-cpu machine).  Previously when a2start was behaving, its cpu use would typically be a steady 0.11 or 0.12%.

When I first logged-in after the reboot today, a2start was showing changing cpu use, on what seems (PH-wise) to be a 3-second cycle, that is I'd see over a 3-second period values like 0.09 0.23 0.22   (ie 0.09 then a second later 0.23 then a second later 0.22 then a second later it'd go back to 0.09 and that would repeat).

By about 25 minutes later, there's been a slight increase.  The low figure is typically 0.10 or 0.11 and the higher ones 0.27-0.30.   There's still a 3-second pattern.

8 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

My initial impression regarding  a2start  cpu behaviour has changed, but maybe isn't right.   I thought that last night after the dynamic install of the beta, and this morning I have done a full shutdown and cold boot.  (Using 64bit Win 8.1 with a 4-core 8-cpu machine).  Previously when a2start was behaving, its cpu use would typically be a steady 0.11 or 0.12%.

There were a number of changes made to try to resolve the high CPU usage issue, as well as a number of changes to try to debug it, so that could account for the variance in CPU usage you are now seeing.

Out of curiosity, does it do this with debug logging off as well?

12 minutes ago, GT500 said:

Debug logs would be fantastic if you could get some. Here's how:

3. Click Advanced in the menu at the top.
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the Advanced section, and change the option for Debug logging to Enabled for 1 day.
  5. After that, close the Emsisoft Anti-Malware window.
  6. Reproduce the issue you are having (wait for commservice CPU usage to rise to 7-8%).
  7. Once you have reproduced the issue, open Emsisoft Anti-Malware again.
  8. Click on the little icon in the lower-left (right above the question mark) that looks like little chat bubbles.
  9. Click on the button that says Send an email.
  10. Select the logs on the right that show today's dates (if you try to send too many logs, then we may not receive them).
  11. Fill in the e-mail contact form with your name, your e-mail address, and a description of what the logs are for (if possible please leave a link to the topic on the forums that the logs are related to in your message).
  12. If you have any screenshots or another file that you need to send with the logs, then you can click the Attach file button at the bottom (only one file can be attached at a time).
  13. Click on Send now at the bottom once you are ready to send the logs.

Important: Please be sure to turn debug logging back off after sending us the logs. There are some negative effects to having debug logging turned on, such as reduced performance and wasting hard drive space, and it is not recommended to leave debug logging turned on for a long period of time unless it is necessary to collect debug logs.

The logs have been sent.

20 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Yes.

I see Frank already let you and stapp know, but for anyone else reading this that should change soon. It's due to a new CPU monitor added for debugging purposes, and right now it isn't restricted to only being used when debug logging is enabled, which we have plans to change.

20 hours ago, Telunia said:

The logs have been sent.

I haven't received the logs, however there's another way to send them to me:

1. Hold down the Windows logo key on your keyboard (usually between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap R to open the Run dialog.
  2. Copy and paste %ProgramData%\Emsisoft\Logs into the field, and click OK.
  3. Find the 4 logs you want to send (their names will start with "a2guard_", "a2service)", "a2start_", and "CommService_") and highlight them with the mouse.
  4. Right-click on the highlighted files, go to Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
  5. Move the new file that gets created to your Desktop (or somewhere else easy to find), and then attach it to a reply to this topic.

5 minutes ago, GT500 said:

I see Frank already let you and stapp know, but for anyone else reading this that should change soon. It's due to a new CPU monitor added for debugging purposes, and right now it isn't restricted to only being used when debug logging is enabled, which we have plans to change.

I haven't received the logs, however there's another way to send them to me:

1. Hold down the Windows logo key on your keyboard (usually between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap R to open the Run dialog.
  2. Copy and paste %ProgramData%\Emsisoft\Logs into the field, and click OK.
  3. Find the 4 logs you want to send (their names will start with "a2guard_", "a2service)", "a2start_", and "CommService_") and highlight them with the mouse.
  4. Right-click on the highlighted files, go to Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
  5. Move the new file that gets created to your Desktop (or somewhere else easy to find), and then attach it to a reply to this topic.

Here you go.

CommService_20200529043238(4832).zip

19 minutes ago, Telunia said:

Here you go.

Thanks, I've forwarded the logs to QA.

• Thanks 1

When beta 10204 was made available Frank strongly implied that the following beta 10209 (which is now 'stable') would fix these issues.  It definitely has not.   From Monday noon (when I installed beta 10209 (as it was termed then) through to midnight+ last night I've kept a note of the ProcessHacker-recorded Working Set and cpu use of a2start roughly hourly.  When looking at the cpu rates the 3-second cycle (where you see a lower cpu use figure one second, then two higher values for the next two seconds, then the lower one again and so on) has continued.  Each time I recorded these figures I watched for typically four or so complete cycles and noted what seemed average figures for each (because of course they vary a bit).   Just to remind you: 4 cores, 8 threads here, so the most I ever see for a single thread is 12.50%.  Anyway:

MON 01:
 1200 WS  70 MB, cpu     0.10   0.33    0.33
 1445 WS   87 MB, cpu    0.24   0.48    0.48
 1603 WS   91 MB, cpu    0.53   0.77    0.77
 1703 WS   91 MB, cpu    0.60   0.84    0.84
 1803 WS   92 MB, cpu    0.63   0.87    0.87
 1903 WS -- away from machine
 2003 WS   97 MB, cpu    1.16   1.37    1.37
 2103 WS   98 MB, cpu    1.44   1.66    1.66
 2203 WS   99 MB, cpu    1.50   1.71    1.71
 2303 WS 100 MB, cpu    1.85   2.06    2.06     then machine 'asleep' overnight

TUE 02:
 0848 WS 103 MB, cpu    2.36   2.60   2.60
 0948 WS 105 MB, cpu    2.81   3.03   3.03
 1048 WS 107 MB, cpu    3.31   3.54   3.54
 1148 WS 120 MB, cpu    3.90   4.11   4.11
 1248 WS 125 MB, cpu    4.47   4.69   4.73
 1348 WS  (missed)
 1448 WS 127 MB, cpu    5.74   6.00   6.01
 1548 WS 129 MB, cpu    6.48   6.71   6.73
 1648 WS 130 MB, cpu    6.63   6.97   6.91
 1756 WS 133 MB, cpu    7.36   7.61   7.63
 1848 WS 135 MB, cpu    8.30   8.51   8.66
 2248 WS 140 MB, cpu 11.24 11.42 11.43

WED 03:
 0018 WS 142 MB, cpu 12.23 12.49 12.50 (I stopped recording but machine in use until ~3am then 'asleep' until ~9am)

1000 WS 148 MB, cpu 12.50 12.50 12.50

It's interesting that the extra cpu use in the second-2 and second-3 figures is pretty consistent (about 0.2%) all the way through that.

The growth in WS, except at the very start, is around 1 MB per hour in the first few hours, then 1-2 then 3-5  (ish) which for a machine that hasn't been heavily used and was used for pretty much the same thing througout - mostly browsing webmail and new sites, is a little odd.

Just what exactly does a /GUI/ .exe need to double its memory use for?   This smacks of a memory leak, to me.

I have the impression that cpu rates are climbing geometrically/exponentially rather than linearly.    Maybe, if some sort of data is being kept in that increasing memory (rather than the definition of the GUI screen layouts, which should be constant), a2start is wasting more and more cpu scanning though more and more memory?  That is, are these figures related? 

It's all very disappointing, having paid for a year's subscription less than three months ago I have had to abandon Emsisoft Anti-Malware because of this problem. I first noticed something was amiss when my NUC fan kept running fast - it is only audible when the CPU is under significant load. My computer went from a silent, very fast beast to a noisy sluggish behemoth. I uninstalled Emsisoft and installed the free Bitdefender in its place. I have had no similar issues since.

1 hour ago, scgf said:

It's all very disappointing, having paid for a year's subscription less than three months ago I have had to abandon Emsisoft Anti-Malware because of this problem. I first noticed something was amiss when my NUC fan kept running fast - it is only audible when the CPU is under significant load. My computer went from a silent, very fast beast to a noisy sluggish behemoth. I uninstalled Emsisoft and installed the free Bitdefender in its place. I have had no similar issues since.

Have you sent them any logs regarding the issue like I did above? I know that the more people that have the same issue and the more logs they can get from said users will probably help speed up the possibility of an update that fixes the problem.

@GT500 said a while back (mid-May) that they could reproduce the problem.  It's interesting that the new release apparently contains some code intended to try to colelct data about what;s going on... but if it does, how is that info meant to get back to the developers?  Is EAM "phoning home"?  Are there enough developers all running that code that they can see whatever it collects themselves?

Thanks for all your feedback.
We can replicate and are working on this issue to get this resolved asap. This just takes time as its not an easy one and we have to analyse step by step.

New logs are not required.

Workaround: disable selfprotection and kill process a2start.

a2start is just the UI and it will load again when you click on the Emsisoft Icon in the icon tray.

image.png.efb697940dfe23e0678156dea75da669.png
Download Image

Additionally: We added CPU load  info to debug logging. So only when you enable debuglogging and send us the logs, we can analyse CPU load.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frank H said:

Thanks for all your feedback.
We can replicate and are working on this issue to get this resolved asap. This just takes time as its not an easy one and we have to analyse step by step.

New logs are not required.

Thanks for the update regarding the issue.

> So only when you enable debuglogging and send us the logs, we can analyse CPU load.

But you've not asked for any more logs...  Do you want mine from (most of) the last two days?

15 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

But you've not asked for any more logs...  Do you want mine from (most of) the last two days?

Logs from the stable version are unfortunately not going to tell us anything new (we already have those logs from our own systems that are experiencing this), and we've moved beyond the current stable version in our own testing.

Obviously we appreciate the offer to assist us, but right now we need to focus on getting debug information from special testing builds of EAM, and that will go faster if we do it internally as employees with effected workstations can communicate directly with QA and the developers and send them debug info right away when there's need to.

On 5/30/2020 at 1:29 AM, Telunia said:

Here you go.

I've just been told that due to a bug in CommService, your logs didn't contain any data about the CPU usage issue.

Would it be possibly to do the following?

1. Enable debug logging.
  2. Restart your computer (assuming Windows 10 please do this by right-clicking on the Start button, going to Shut down or sign out, and selecting Restart from this menu).
  3. Wait for the CPU usage issue to get bad again, and send us the logs manually like you did before.

11 hours ago, GT500 said:

I've just been told that due to a bug in CommService, your logs didn't contain any data about the CPU usage issue.

Would it be possibly to do the following?

1. Enable debug logging.
  2. Restart your computer (assuming Windows 10 please do this by right-clicking on the Start button, going to Shut down or sign out, and selecting Restart from this menu).
  3. Wait for the CPU usage issue to get bad again, and send us the logs manually like you did before.

Here are the new logs.

CommService_20200605055934(4640).zip

18 hours ago, Telunia said:

Here are the new logs.

Thanks. I've forwarded those to QA as well.

I recommend deleting all debug logs now. We won't be needing the old logs anymore, so there's no reason to keep them.