Emsisoft Cannot Connect to Service

Ull

15 minutes ago, Ull said:

I have the same issue as Nikilet, but I cannot run Emsisoft at all, it disappeared from the tray and when I dowloaded the installer to try a fresh copy, that will not run at all.

So that someone can help you can you say what operating system and build you are using ( for example Windows 10 build 1909)

Are all Windows updates installed and not waiting in the background to be installed?

Do you use any other security software?

Was EAM  running ok and then suddenly one day you started having problems?

46 minutes ago, stapp said:

So that someone can help you can you say what operating system and build you are using ( for example Windows 10 build 1909)

Are all Windows updates installed and not waiting in the background to be installed?

Do you use any other security software?

Was EAM  running ok and then suddenly one day you started having problems?

Hi stapp

I have resolved the issue by booting in Safe Mode and uninstalling with EmsiClean, then reinstalled.

But for the record: Windows 10 Pro, 64bit version 1809.

Updates were installed a few days ago, I think that might have been the cause, not sure though.

No other security software other than what Windows uses (been that way since I first subscribed to Emsisoft, never had an issue).

EAM was running normally, until today when it disappeared from the tray, and the uninstaller disappeared from the Start menu, and when I tried to launch EAM, it I got an errror message (attached).

The windows Control Panel method of uninstalling did not work either, I got another error message (attached).

emsisoft 1.pdf emsisoft 2.pdf

13 hours ago, Ull said:

I have resolved the issue by booting in Safe Mode and uninstalling with EmsiClean, then reinstalled.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue.

Note that I split your posts out of Nikilet's topic as it's technically a different issue (in your case a2service.exe wasn't running, but in Nikilet's case a2guard.exe wasn't running) even though they appeared to have the same symptom, and thus the fix would be different.