David42

How to stop Emsisoft from checking software I install?

Emsisoft Anti-Malware Home
Windows 10 Home build 1909

While installing new software, Emsisoft continually pops up saying that in XX number of seconds it will quarantine the object from the install.  For the software I installed today, Emsisoft popped up 15 times.  BUT I know what I am doing, the software is not malware and I want Emsisoft to totally ignore what I am doing.  How can I adjust Emsisoft behavior to ignore software I install?

Hello

Can you send me this software in a personal message so that I can check it in an alternative way with alternative antivirus and other ways?

On 3/6/2020 at 7:58 AM, David42 said:

How can I adjust Emsisoft behavior to ignore software I install?

The quick and easy way is to pause protection. You may still have to deal with Behavior Blocker notifications for the software itself once installation is done, however those will usually be less than during installation, and they can be prevented altogether by adding the software to exclusions.

Keep in mind that this should only be done if you 100% trust the source you obtained the software from. If you obtained anything from file sharing websites or services, then please note that there are certain ransomwares that are very commonly distributed via such downloads (among other malware of course).

please although you may trust the software please check its digital signature first and check the hash and compare it from its official website.if this is ok then send the software as false positive to Emsisoft support they will exclude it in the next update if this is legit .happend with me with qBittorent and already resolved.also emsisoft regularly scan its quarantine if find some false positive it will notify you if you want to restore the false positive item.