malware scan

dav3p

10 hours ago, dav3p said:

i started a full malware scan but it stopped at 80% and will not restart is stuck now at 0% any ideas 

The scanner will stop at 80% to calculate the number of files remaining to scan, so it's normal for it to appear to pause here for at least a short period of time (how long varies from computer to computer). The last 20% of the scan is also when the scanner scans files on the hard drive, and this tends to be the slowest part of the scan.

If you restart your computer, are you able to get the scan to start again? If so and if appears to get stuck at 80%, does it start progressing again if you leave it for 5 or 10 minutes?

Let's try getting a log from FRST, and see if it shows the cause of the issue. You can find instructions for downloading and running FRST at the following link:
https://help.emsisoft.com/en/1738/how-do-i-run-a-scan-with-frst/

Note: When FRST checks the Windows Firewall settings, Emsisoft Anti-Malware's Behavior Blocker will quarantine it automatically. This can be avoided by clicking "Wait, I think this is safe" in the notification that is displayed while FRST is scanning.