User Privacy - Data Collection

I'm new to EMSISoft. I understand its a cloud based Antivirus,  which literary can not run without an Internet Connection.

Quote: "Because the product is designed to be used online. Its Behavior Blocker is dependent on a cloud network for optimal protection"

So, emsisoft monitors every process which runs on my PC [as every antivirus do] -  but emsisoft uploads every process details  to cloud to verify. 

I would like to know, if emsisoft  Stores any of this Data.

- Do you store the Process Names, Details or any other similar data ?     [even for any internal use]

- I'm aware emsisoft  or any antivirus has the power to see all my browsing history.   - Do emsisoft  collects/stores my browsing history in their cloud ?      [even for any internal use]

- Do emsisoft collects/stores my IP address ?

- or Is there anyway, I can know what all data emsisoft  uploads and stores ?

Have a read here to start you off

https://www.emsisoft.com/en/company/privacy/

Info for each item is on right-hand side of page (I mention that as is it's in that light grey colour that sometimes can be tricky to see)

Also see here

https://blog.emsisoft.com/en/7308/emsisoft-quite-possibly-the-most-privacy-conscious-anti-malware-around/

19 hours ago, PrivacyHunter said:

I understand its a cloud based Antivirus,  which literary can not run without an Internet Connection.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Business Security are a traditional anti-virus with behavioral blocking technologies, both of which are supplemented by cloud technologies (to reduce false positives and to enhance detection of certain threats).

Since traditional anti-virus software operates by using a database that requires frequent updates to add support for detection of new threats, they generally require an Internet connection to download those updates, and ours is no exception.

So, emsisoft monitors every process which runs on my PC [as every antivirus do] -  but emsisoft uploads every process details  to cloud to verify.

Only data about unknown processes and user-created rules to allow/block applications are sent to our servers. This data generally consists of the name of the running process, its path, and a cryptographic hash that helps identify it (if the file has a version number then that may be sent as well).

- Do you store the Process Names, Details or any other similar data ?     [even for any internal use]

We do store at least the process name and hash. Paths and version numbers may also be stored.

- I'm aware emsisoft  or any antivirus has the power to see all my browsing history.   - Do emsisoft  collects/stores my browsing history in their cloud ?      [even for any internal use]

We don't collect your browsing history. Our Emsisoft Browser Security extension doesn't even send URL's to our servers when checking their safety (it works by sending a hash of part of the domain to our servers, and if that hash matches anything in our database then a list of all possible matches are returned to the extension so that it can check if the URL matches, and the results are cached so that they don't need to be requested again).

Please note that if you connect Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Business Security to a workspace in my.emsisoft.com, then your logs and settings will be synchronized with your MyEmsisoft account and will be accessible online (note that 2-factor authentication is required to log in to help ensure account security).

- Do emsisoft collects/stores my IP address ?

Your IP address is automatically logged by all HTTP servers whenever you visit a website, download a file, etc. This applies to any application that needs to connect to an HTTP server, such as Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Business Security.

- or Is there anyway, I can know what all data emsisoft  uploads and stores ?

An application known as Fiddler can show you the contents of HTTP communication, which Emsisoft products use to communicate with our servers. Note that you will need to enable the option in Fiddler's connection settings to decrypt HTTPS traffic, however since this is a man-in-the-middle attack we don't recommend leaving Fiddler on for very long as it will automatically run all browser traffic through Fiddler's proxy (this can be disabled in Fiddler's settings).

Note that for Fiddler to capture Emsisoft Anti-Malware's traffic you will need to configure it to use a proxy with an address of 127.0.0.1 and a port of 8080 (unless you change the port number in Fiddler). Proxy settings can be found in Emsisoft Anti-Malware's Advanced settings.

image.png