Win 10 1909 all updates.

Autoupdated without issue.

Noticed that whenever I choose Settings.... Permissions, it shows Updates as underlined in the GUI.

It may correct itself perhaps after a reboot. Just looking around at the moment.

What do you mean by 'Setting the Administrator password''? Do you mean that setting wasn't working as expected in some cases?

Annotation 2020-03-27 044925.jpg
Download Image

9 hours ago, stapp said:

What do you mean by 'Setting the Administrator password''? Do you mean that setting wasn't working as expected in some cases?

2020.4 improvement is: if you try to uninstall EAM and you have set the administrator password, you will get  a dialog presented,  asking for the admin password.

This prevents unauthorized uninstall by (local admin) users.

8 minutes ago, Frank H said:

2020.4 improvement is: if you try to uninstall EAM and you have set the administrator password, you will get  a dialog presented,  asking for the admin password.

Thanks.

By the way, there is definitely something not right with the GUI as shown in my screenshot above. It's still doing it sometimes despite trying other areas of the settings.

3 hours ago, Frank H said:

Hello Frank

I am pleased to present this feature.
One question:
Can the feature prevent uninstall Emsisoft by RDP hacker via any way like Third-Party tool, PowerShell, and...?

2 hours ago, Batman said:

Can the feature prevent uninstall Emsisoft by RDP hacker via any way like Third-Party tool, PowerShell, and...?

The uninstall password protection is a 'simple' but effective way to block uninstall for admin users.

As soon as a hacker gets RDP access to your machine, there is nothing that can stop them as they have all permissions on the system.

We created a blog article about  this subject: https://blog.emsisoft.com/en/28622/rdp-brute-force-attack/

Thank you for this Frank! Those using No Access permission policy in ECC will now also get a dialog for password when they try to uninstall EAM?

7 hours ago, grayskull said:

Thank you for this Frank! Those using No Access permission policy in ECC will now also get a dialog for password when they try to uninstall EAM?

Yes. the uninstall protection is not related to user permissions. It gets activated when you set the administrator password.
We have added a new event in workspace notifications: 'Protection uninstalled'. If you have setup workspace notifications you will receive and email with details, related to this event
Additionally, you will see a new line in the workspace 'Unresolved issues' section, where you can decide to remove the device from the workspace or leave it in (e.g. in case of a reinstall of EAM)

Frank, it looks as you've fixed the windows focus change problem as I'm not seeing that behaviour in this release - if so, thanks very much  - it was a real pain when trying to watch rolling news updates, particularly during these troubled times.

1 hour ago, stapp said:

@Frank H

Do you have any confirmation of the GUI issue I am seeing?

this issue isn't new stapp, it still happens with many of the other 'pages' where you click on a heading and a different heading gets underlined

28 minutes ago, marko said:

this issue isn't new stapp, it still happens with many of the other 'pages' where you click on a heading and a different heading gets underlined

It never affected me much until now.