BlueCreeper512

Emsisoft Emergency Kit prevents USB from ejecting

First off, I'd like to say thank you to the people who helped me get rid of the licensing bug in EEK.

I downloaded the latest version of EEK, extracted it, and scanned with it, then I closed EEK and all File Explorer windows and tried to eject the USB, a prompt appeared telling me that the device is in use and to close any program or windows that's using the device. Problem is I closed all File Explorer windows and EEK, I tried again, still the same thing. I then went into This PC and tried to eject it from there, same thing, I ended up having to force eject by pressing continue on the prompt that appeared in This PC.

Download Image

@BlueCreeper512

I am using beta 10065 of EEK and cannot confirm your findings.

Perhaps it only happens on stable 10048 version where there was an issue with the driver not unloading on program close.

This issue is fixed in beta version 10065.

1 hour ago, stapp said:

@BlueCreeper512

I am using beta 10065 of EEK and cannot confirm your findings.

Perhaps it only happens on stable 10048 version where there was an issue with the driver not unloading on program close.

This issue is fixed in beta version 10065.

How do you use the beta version?

In EEK settings you can select to enable beta updates. Then you just update. If you want to go back to the stable version you just de-select the beta option and update)

Everything is the same except you are using the latest beta version (remember it is a beta.)

https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/32838-emsisoft-emergency-kit-2020x-beta-releases/?tab=comments#comment-202315

See also

https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/32996-eek-10065/

Here's instructions for installing the beta (the PC will need restarted after installing it):

1. Open the Emergency Kit Scanner.
  2. Click on the little gear icon on the left side of the Emergency Kit Scanner window (roughly in the middle).
  3. Click on Advanced in the menu at the top.
  4. On the left, in the Advanced section, look for Update feed.
  5. Click on the Edit box to the right of where it says "Update feed", and change the "Regular feed" to Beta.
  6. Click OK to save the changes.
  7. Click on the icon that looks like a house/home in the upper-left corner of the Emergency Kit Scanner window.
  8. Click the Update now link near the lower-right of the window.

What operating system are you using?

Did you restart the PC after installing the beta before trying the USB remove?

You can switch the update feed back to Stable. We've released a stable build of Emsisoft Emergency Kit 2020.4 with all of the changes that were in the beta.

1 hour ago, BlueCreeper512 said:

Turns out just a simple reboot fixed the problem with the beta and the stable build! Thanks for the help!

Thanks for letting us know. 👍

• Like 1