wallacegal

Begins Install Then Rolls Back

I had an issue and uninstalled my Emsisoft using the EmsisClean tool. I then tried to download a clean copy which took over an hour to download. Once it was done, it started the installation process, got to 90% and rolled back to nothing. I tried again with the same results and same amount of time trying to download. Does anyone have a suggestion as to why this is happening? Windows 7 on a 64 bit and yes, I do know computers and know my system so downloaded the correct Clean and Install. Thank you.

Please try downloading Emsiclean from this link (save it on your Desktop) and follow the instructions below.

1. Right-click on the Emsiclean file you saved on your Desktop, select Extract All, and click the Extract button in the lower right.
    • Note: If you have 7-Zip, WinRar, etc. then you can use those to extract the Emsiclean files instead.
  2. Open EmsiClean64, and if you get a message about it not being compatible with your computer or not being able to run on your PC then open EmsiClean32 instead.
  3. When running Emsiclean, you will first be presented with a disclaimer. You will need to accept this disclaimer to continue.
  4. Emsiclean will scan your computer for leftovers after the uninstall, and give you the option to remove what it finds.
  5. Make sure everything in the list is selected.
  6. Click the button to remove selected items.

Your computer will need to be restarted after doing this.

Once your computer has finished restarting, please run the diagnostic tool again, and attach the new log to a reply.

17 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

@GT500  is the Emsiclean you're suggesting the OP use any different from the the one they will have used (as described in their first post)?

Probably not. But as GT500 had no idea what wallacegal did with the Emsiclean she  first used, that is more than likely why he asked for a DiagLog first before giving detailed instructions on how he wanted Emsiclean it run..

Just now, stapp said:

Probably not. But as GT500 had no idea what wallacegal did with the Emsiclean she  first used, that is more than likely why he asked for a DiagLog first before giving detailed instructions on how he wanted Emsiclean it run..

I posted the only log the original Emsisclean spit out so I'm not sure what you're saying since you can see in the post it's clearly titled EmsisoftDiaLog.txt...

6 hours ago, GT500 said:

Please try downloading Emsiclean from this link (save it on your Desktop) and follow the instructions below.

1. Right-click on the Emsiclean file you saved on your Desktop, select Extract All, and click the Extract button in the lower right.
    • Note: If you have 7-Zip, WinRar, etc. then you can use those to extract the Emsiclean files instead.
  2. Open EmsiClean64, and if you get a message about it not being compatible with your computer or not being able to run on your PC then open EmsiClean32 instead.
  3. When running Emsiclean, you will first be presented with a disclaimer. You will need to accept this disclaimer to continue.
  4. Emsiclean will scan your computer for leftovers after the uninstall, and give you the option to remove what it finds.
  5. Make sure everything in the list is selected.
  6. Click the button to remove selected items.

Your computer will need to be restarted after doing this.

Once your computer has finished restarting, please run the diagnostic tool again, and attach the new log to a reply.

Was the first log corrupted?

52 minutes ago, wallacegal said:

I posted the only log the original Emsisclean spit out so I'm not sure what you're saying since you can see in the post it's clearly titled EmsisoftDiaLog.txt...

@wallacegal  I think the log you posted was from the "diagnostic tool", not Emsiclean. 

13 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

@wallacegal  I think the log you posted was from the "diagnostic tool", not Emsiclean. 

I see. Yes, it was from the diagnostic tool which I ran after I used the Emsisclean, but I guess I'll go through it all again.

18 hours ago, wallacegal said:

Was the first log corrupted?

No. The issue was that the Emsisoft Anti-Malware was not only still there, but the EPPDISK driver was still installed and listed in UpperFilters. You can't delete the folder until the drivers and service running out of it are deleted, and you can't delete the EPPDISK driver without first removing it from UpperFilters (failing to remove it properly would cause your computer to crash on startup).

Emsiclean can remove the EPPDISK driver safely, and the new log confirms that it did so.

Go ahead and reinstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware, and let me know if everything is OK now. You can download the 64-bit MSI installer from the following link:
https://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup64.msi

16 hours ago, GT500 said:

No. The issue was that the Emsisoft Anti-Malware was not only still there, but the EPPDISK driver was still installed and listed in UpperFilters. You can't delete the folder until the drivers and service running out of it are deleted, and you can't delete the EPPDISK driver without first removing it from UpperFilters (failing to remove it properly would cause your computer to crash on startup).

Emsiclean can remove the EPPDISK driver safely, and the new log confirms that it did so.

Go ahead and reinstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware, and let me know if everything is OK now. You can download the 64-bit MSI installer from the following link:
https://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup64.msi

Sorry, same thing. Got 95% done and rolled back.

OK. If you end up deciding to try again, then let me know. There may be more that I can do to help troubleshoot.