Sign in to follow this  
SeriousHoax

Emsisoft Browser Security issue in Firefox

Report this site as dangerous button in the extension doesn't work in Firefox. This is not a new issue. It's been like this as long as I can remember. In Chromium browsers upon clicking that it show Thank you but as you can see from the GIF it doesn't happen in Firefox. 

emsi.gif.007c0fc62b8b5cb45bc75c54ea702854.gif
Download Image

23 hours ago, SeriousHoax said:

What about fixing it?

Unfortunately I don't know when it will be fixed. I know it's been reported to QA, but I don't think it's considered high priority, which means it may be some time before it gets fixed.

But seriously though 2 years since it has been updated. The Chrome one was almost 1 year since last update. The addons feel more like snakeoil to me to be honest. Most threats are blocked by Safebrowsing or Smartscreen anyway.

I bet sooner or later these addons will be discontinued.

There are currently no plans to discontinue the extensions. They don't actually require much maintenance, and the blocking rules are supplied both by the same system that supplies rules for EAM's Web Protection and a third-party system to enhance phishing protection.