DonTX

Malware Scan Stops at 80%

This is my first time using the Emergency Kit scanner.  The Quick Scan works fine but the Malware Scan stops at 80% for a moment and then there's nothing displayed.

I'm running the program from a Samsung USB flash drive on a laptop with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1909 and Windows Security (formerly Defender).

Thanks,

Don

Event Viewer Error Log.txt

If it's like EAM, then that 80% is misleading.  It's the point where EAM starts to find all the files it will subsequently examine, and there's a pause while it does that.  It's not 80% of the way through the whole scan at all, but has just finished four very short tasks (eg looking at memory and other quick things) and is about to embark on the fifth one (the scan of most of the files).

Jeremy, I see it in Task Manager using much of the cpu right at first when is starts and then it moves rapidly through the scanning process but in the last step 5 at 80% the app disappears from the Task Manager and the desktop screen.

Don

8 hours ago, DonTX said:

... but in the last step 5 at 80% the app disappears from the Task Manager and the desktop screen.

Are any errors or crash reports displayed when this happens? Are you asked to submit any information when it happens?

@DonTX - sorry, I misunderstood.  (And, I didn't even look at the name of your attached file, which might reasonably have given me a clue.   Non-staff forum users can't see the contents of such files so - usualy - whatever the user names them as doesn't much matter.)