Updated manually on Win 10 1909.

Whenever I do a right-click scan with EAM on something on my desktop for example, a separate entry for a2start appears in the logs folder (ProgramData)

Why is that?

If I have a folder and do a context menu scan on it, it automatically gets stored in the custom scan settings and will stay there until I do another context menu scan on a different item. It will then replace the previous item in the custom scan settings.

Why is that?

I do understand that context menu and custom scans are the same, but right-click scan with EAM tend to be one offs, and so I don't see why they should be stored as a custom scan entry in the GUI.

Annotation 2020-04-22 191747.jpg
Download Image

2 hours ago, stapp said:

Whenever I do a right-click scan with EAM on something on my desktop for example, a separate entry for a2start appears in the logs folder (ProgramData)

Why is that?

The scan menu entry in the explorer context menu starts a new instance of the a2start process. This results in the creation of a new logfiles.
When the new a2start instance detects that another a2start already is running, is passes the parameters and exits.

2 hours ago, stapp said:

If I have a folder and do a context menu scan on it, it automatically gets stored in the custom scan settings and will stay there until I do another context menu scan on a different item. It will then replace the previous item in the custom scan settings.

Why is that?

This has been like this for 10 years at least. The entry will be removed and values reset top defaults after a computer-  or software restart.
Personally i see no sense in this behavior, but i guess it would for some and that's why its still there.

7 hours ago, Frank H said:

Personally i see no sense in this behavior, but i guess it would for some and that's why its still there.

If I didn't restart my PC for weeks then someone would be able to see that I scanned a folder called ''stapp's night out with a strange man'  before I removed the folder. :o

On 4/23/2020 at 5:10 AM, stapp said:

If I didn't restart my PC for weeks then someone would be able to see that I scanned a folder called ''stapp's night out with a strange man'  before I removed the folder. :o

😁