stapp

NEW beta 10149

Update went well and all seems ok.

Did you know Frank that if you forget a scan is running in tray, and you do a context menu sca, the cursor freezes a bit while it has a think and then just carries on as if you hadn't asked it to do that 😀

In Settings, Remote Management in the gui, if you click on the text 'Learn more' under the Emsisoft Cloud Console section, it opens the My Emsioft login page at https://my.emsisoft.com/login rather than taking you to a webpage to learn more - is this what should happen ?

I would expect it to open a webpage that provides more information about the Console, like it does if you click on the 'Learn more' link under the Emsisoft Enterprise Console section.

image.png.1e5532656eab6a2f5dee1b3d83b113a8.png
Download Image

5 hours ago, stapp said:

Was there something special about the update this morning that required a program restart?

Sunday night, we published a new version of a2core.dll, which requires an app restart.

On 5/1/2020 at 2:01 PM, marko said:

I just had a BSOD - WhoCrashed suggests that a2service.sys was perhaps the culprit

a2service.sys is NOT a file from Emsisoft.

Could you send me that file ?

On 4/29/2020 at 6:06 PM, stapp said:

Update went well and all seems ok.

Did you know Frank that if you forget a scan is running in tray, and you do a context menu sca, the cursor freezes a bit while it has a think and then just carries on as if you hadn't asked it to do that 😀

Running multiple scan concurrently is not support (yet) , and yes i agree we might show a dialog to inform the user.

1 hour ago, Frank H said:

Running multiple scan concurrently is not support (yet) , and yes i agree we might show a dialog to inform the user.

An interim solution might be for EAM to offer to add the context scan request to a queue and do it as soon as the main scan is over, or - maybe more useful - interrupt the main scan at the next file boundary and do the context scan, then return to the main scan.

4 hours ago, Frank H said:

a2service.sys is NOT a file from Emsisoft.

Could you send me that file ?

I've just checked and the file doesn't exist so WhosCrashed must be wrong

It did seem odd that WhosCrashed showed tcpip.sys as being at fault in the minidump analysis, yet a2service.sys in the full dump analysis.