Sign in to follow this  
PATELPATEL

LEZP Virus

My Vista-Home Premium Laptop is infected by LEZP virus. All files on Local Hard Drive and External Hard-Drive (which I connected to my Laptop) is changed with "lezp" extension and all folders got a text file explaining all stuff with personal ID of 0221yiuduy6S5dmbFypkeZ1KK0GWHsFPhaL2kgQAOBz1A8qjogEFlU.

Can you advise, 1) how to remove this infection from my Laptop Hard Disc and External Hard Disc. 2) How to recover all my infected files?

I have many important data on my PC, which I do not want to lose. I tried Windows Restore and recovery but unfortunately that does not work.

22 hours ago, PATELPATEL said:

0221yiuduy6S5dmbFypkeZ1KK0GWHsFPhaL2kgQAOBz1A8qjogEFlU

This is a newer variant of STOP/Djvu, and your ID is an online ID, so there is currently no way to decrypt your files. There is more information at the following link:
https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/32045-about-the-stopdjvu-decrypter/

22 hours ago, PATELPATEL said:

Can you advise, 1) how to remove this infection from my Laptop Hard Disc and External Hard Disc.

My recommendation is to back up your encrypted files and any other data, delete the partition on the hard drive, create a new partition on the drive and install an Operating System that still receives security updates. Windows Vista's end of extended support date was April 11th, 2017 which means no more fixes for security issues, leaving your computer far more vulnerable than it should be.

While most Anti-Virus software can detect and remove the STOP/Djvu ransomware, I don't know where you're going to find a current/up-to-date Anti-Virus software that will run on Windows Vista. I also doubt that our decrypter would run on Windows Vista, although it's possible that the minimum version of the Microsoft .NET Framework it requires (4.5.2) will run on Windows Vista as it was released about 3 years before Windows Vista's end of extended support (Microsoft doesn't list any system requirements for it on the download page).