I have just renewed my licence, one device for 2 years.

I am not the most technically competent person, but this seems unnecessarily complicated.

My acknowledgement email has arrived and my new licence number.
I got to Emisoft and click on Change as advised, I am then invited to log in and do. A box pops up asking for code as sent to my email address.
Now, as I can't minimise the pop up box, I cannot go to my email page...….First Cock up.

So, I then start over again, using my wife's smart phone to access my email. I get a new code and input in the relevant box, which disappears and I am back to the original Emsisoft page and there is no option except to click on Change as advised and I am invited with the options to start all over again...…..Second Cock up.

I repeat the process, but when I arrive back at the Emisoft page I click on Change and then choose the new licence no option in bottom right corner of the box.
This brings up another box in which I put my new licence number.
The box then disappears.

I go to check up if the new code has been applied and can only find the invitation to start the whole process again by logging in and again applying a code sent to me by email.

There has to be an easier way to do this.

How do I check up whether the new licence has been applied without jumping through any more hoops ?

Does opening EAM up then looking at main page at bottom where it says 'License ends' show the days that you think you have now?

Also click on Details opposite it to see what you license is.

Remember to do a manual update which should then give you a popup saying about the licence extension now.

On the Emisoft main page it does not say, "Licence ends...…..." , I think it use to.

If I click on Details again it brings up the email and password box, then the box for a new emailed code, when I have jumped through those hoops, the completed emailed code box disappears and nothing else happens, or changes.
If I then click on Change, I am sent back to the beginning.

I did the manual update and nothing changes, except the message says "last update 0 mins ago".

I should also mention that I did try the email security code route once more and after inputting the code and clicking Verify I got the perpetual wheel of death going round and round, after 5 or 6 minutes I clicked Verify again and immediately got the "incorrect code" message.

Looks like you will have to wait for Admin support on forum (probably GT500)

I'm sure it will get sorted though.

Thanks for responding, I have gone over the procedure a few times, read the confirmatory email carefully and followed instructions, but nothing is changing.

I would add that the confirmatory email, with the new licence code, is really aimed toward new customers and not existing customers renewing, in fact renewing is not mentioned at all.

I have been over this process many times in the last couple of days and the sticking point is always the verification of emailed security code (at log in).
Insert the code , click on "Verify" and the wheel of death just spins and spins.
Longest I left it was over 20 mins and still no progress, just kept spinning.

On a different note, I am sure that the licence number for the software use to be displayed somewhere.
That appears to have been stopped.

On 5/2/2020 at 12:21 PM, stapp said:

Does opening EAM up then looking at main page at bottom where it says 'License ends' show the days that you think you have now?

Also click on Details opposite it to see what your license is.

See here.

When you click on Details it should open up to a part of the GUI which has as option for you to 'Show Licence'

When I click on Details, the only reference to licence is;
The "Plan" which states Emisoft Home Anti Malware and "active subscription".
I can also click to " Change licence " and "manage subscription".
That is all.

If you go to my original post you will see what happened when I selected the "change" and "manage" options.

I did not know I was on an automated renewal system, if so, its not by choice.

Before I "renewed" my subscription there was a "licence ends in xxxdays" on the EAM page somewhere, but its no longer there.
I hoped this meant that the renewal had gone through, but I have no other way of checking.
I will contact Sales and ask for the amendment.

To contact Sales I have to log in and then verify with the emailed security code number, welcome to the wheel of death.☹️

you can now change the licence from a subscription to a licence with a definitive end point by logging in to My Emsisoft - there's an option to the right of your licence to Cancel Auto-Renewal.

Seeing that you seem to be stuck in a loop when trying to login via the EAM gui, perhaps you will have better luck by logging in via a browser at this link ? https://my.emsisoft.com/login

I have tried logging in to that link ( and again now) and still get the wheel of death after inserting the emailed security code.

I will send an email direct to the sales team.

What is the obsession withy fixing things that ain't broke.
Why do I need this security code to log into Emsisoft, its not Fort Knox ?
Too many Developers sitting around with nothing to do, if they are that idle I have a fence they can come and paint.

I have received an email from Claude at Emsisoft and he has confirmed that my subscription has been renewed and the reason that nothing is showing at my end could be that the system is still updating itself.

He asked that I run through the security code /wheel of death experience with him, which I have done and await his comment.

18 hours ago, Cranfield said:

Why do I need this security code to log into Emsisoft, its not Fort Knox ?

I imagine that Claude explained this already, however I will post an explanation here for anyone else who sees this.

Everything connected to the Internet is under constant attack (especially anything with a login form), and being a security company we feel it is imperative that we keep your accounts as secure as possible. 2-factor authentication like the security codes we use allow our system to verify that you are the account owner when you log in (or at least that you control the e-mail account associated with your MyEmsisoft account). This adds an extra layer of security in case someone else is able to obtain the login details for your account.

Please note that as an alternative to e-mail codes MyEmsisoft also supports 2-factor authentication apps such as Google Authenticator, Authy, and any other 2-factor authentication/one-time password apps that work similarly to Google Authenticator. Simply access the account settings in MyEmsisoft by logging in, clicking on your account name in the upper-right corner, selecting My Account, and looking for the Authenticator setting.

To access MyEmsisoft I l got to https://my.emsisoft.com/login and log in,  there is no other option then but to insert the security code that will be emailed to me.
As I have stated repeatedly, when I insert the security code and click on Verify, the loading wheel just spins and spins and I get no further.

I have received an email from Claude suggesting my access/security code problem could be due to my browser (I am using Edge -like half the world- in Win10)

I downloaded Firefox and got access straightaway.

I have inserted my new licence code and now see it all displayed valid until May 2022.

It also asks me to download  a file entitled , EmsisoftAntiMalwareWebsetup_c3749959_etc, and install it.
I am not sure if I need to do this, or just allow Emsisoft Updates to deal with my current software.

Problem part resolved, but I am convinced its a problem that should not have existed in the first place.
I accept its imperative to protect your customers, but not to make processes customer unfriendly.
If access to MyEmsisoft does not work with Edge as the browser, why not tell us, or make your software so it does ?

19 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

I have received an email from Claude suggesting my access/security code problem could be due to my browser (I am using Edge -like half the world- in Win10)

Are you using the new Chromium-based Edge or the old Edge? Not everyone has the new Microsoft Edge yet.

Also, it could be an extension you have installed in Edge that's causing the issue. You may want to temporarily disable extensions and see if that helps, and if so then you can re-enable them one at a time and retry logging in until you find the culprit.

I have Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0 HTML 18.18363 , I have not intentionally downloaded Chromium Edge.

I have three extensions on Edge, they are, Emsisoft Browser Security, U Block Origin, and IDM Integration Module.
Turning them off individually, or in combinations, makes no difference to my inability to access MyEmsisoft with the Edge browser.

23 hours ago, Cranfield said:

I have Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0 HTML 18.18363 , I have not intentionally downloaded Chromium Edge.

I think Microsoft is rolling out the new Edge slowly, sort of like they do with feature updates, so eventually you should get the new Edge through Windows Updates.

23 hours ago, Cranfield said:

I have three extensions on Edge, they are, Emsisoft Browser Security, U Block Origin, and IDM Integration Module.
Turning them off individually, or in combinations, makes no difference to my inability to access MyEmsisoft with the Edge browser.

I was able to log in to MyEmsisoft in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 x64. Have you tried clearing the cache in Edge?

image.png
Download Image

I cleared the cache via Edge settings as suggested and was immediately able to log in to MyEmsisoft.

I have CCleaner installed and run it when I log off at night, it is supposed to clear the internet cache, but obviously its not working very well.
I note there is the option in Edge settings to run the clean up when switching off, so I think I will activate that and see how it goes.

Thanks for all the help and advice from everyone, it really is appreciated 

You're welcome. If you need anything else, then please let us know.