A message has just appeared that says "A major problem has prevented the application from Starting". As the problem still persists  I am contacting support as requested.

Please help with advice as to how to proceed to fix the problem. As there is no URL applicable I can only upload a jpg photo of the message.

Regards

Robert Stewart

That sounds like a Windows error message.  If it is, it's presumably not an Emsisoft /mobile/ security issue.  

Can you clarify what device this is, also what OS (and version), what version of EAM or (if it is) mobile security this is, and whether the device has any other security software on it?

Hello Robert, I can see that you have an open support ticket in progress, and we'll do our best to take care of you there.

Jeremy, it likely is an Emsisoft Anti-Malware message that can happen for a few potential reasons, but more commonly because our service has been disabled such as by a remote technician for testing who forgets to re-enable it. Not the only potential reason of course, just a common one.

I would like to thank Emsisoft support and Claude Bader for giving me the correct advice so that now the problem has been solved.

Thank you Jeremy and David for your comments.

Kind regards

Robert Stewart

For anyone finding this thread while searching for resolution to their own issue, what worked (and the first thing tried) is to uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware, restart the computer, then install fresh.