Sign in to follow this  
Rivzer

Is there a way to decrypt a double ransom?

Hi.

Months ago i got hit by the STOPRansomware and some files got a double extension on them. Beside STOPRansomware i got hit too by the Gandcrab ransomware and my files got like this:

file.txt.blower.fwgyqk.blower

I tried the pair method but it didn't work. Are there any options?

1 hour ago, Rivzer said:

Hi.

Months ago i got hit by the STOPRansomware and some files got a double extension on them. Beside STOPRansomware i got hit too by the Gandcrab ransomware and my files got like this:

You don't have just a double encryption - you have a triple encryption, blower.fwgyqk.blower. If all of your files have that extension, it's unlikely that you will recover them.

6 hours ago, Rivzer said:

Hi.

First and foremost, do you know what version of Gandcrab?

Also, when you run our STOP/Djvu decrypter, does it show you the ID for your encrypted files that end in .blower?

6 hours ago, GT500 said:

First and foremost, do you know what version of Gandcrab?

Also, when you run our STOP/Djvu decrypter, does it show you the ID for your encrypted files that end in .blower?

It is the 5.1 version

Yes, it shows: Unable to decrypt Old Variant ID: iNQZltY5oEpXvHrP0RCOZB4qz1z6FiwBgeb36xBb

15 hours ago, Rivzer said:

Yes, it shows: Unable to decrypt Old Variant ID: iNQZltY5oEpXvHrP0RCOZB4qz1z6FiwBgeb36xBb

There's no guarantee we can do anything about this, however if you can attach some of the file pairs you tried then we can take a look at them and see why they aren't working.

15 hours ago, Rivzer said:

It is the 5.1 version

If we can get the first layer of STOP/Djvu taken care of then Gandcrab 5.1 should be decryptable (assuming there was no corruption due to multiple layers of encryption). Let's worry about the first layer of STOP/Djvu for now though, as we can't touch the Gandcrab encryption until we've dealt with that.

7 hours ago, GT500 said:

You can submit file pairs at the following link:
https://decrypter.emsisoft.com/submit/stopdjvu/

More information about the STOP/Djvu decrypter is available at the following link:
https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/32045-about-the-stopdjvu-decrypter/

It doesn't work. It shows Invalid file pair; encrypted file incorrect size. That's why i made this post.

11 hours ago, Rivzer said:

It doesn't work. It shows Invalid file pair; encrypted file incorrect size. That's why i made this post.

You'll need to use a different file pair.