Sign in to follow this  
spcrngr

Crash in emsi real time protection

I'm currently trialing the business edition.

I'm running version Business Security 2020.5.0.10149.

This morning I was installing Syncfusion Essential Studio for WPF 18.1.0.42 (full download, not the web installer).

The installer was generating a lot of "this might be suspicious behavior" false positives (which I was clicking away through "wait, I think this is safe").

Then suddenly the following happened (possibly also leading to an incomplete or corrupt installation?).

I shut down the protection because the below kept popping up (the dialog does not disappear after a single OK).

emsi-crash.png.2bb44537c53c7fc08833d85a624c2c4a.png
Download Image

Did you also see a larger dialog informing you of a crash that allowed you to submit a report?

The dialog in the screenshot above seemed to be popping up in a loop (I clicked OK, it came back right away).

After some 5 times or so (of clicking OK), I shut down the protection to get rid of it. I did not see a crash dialog allowing me to submit a report.

Is Syncfusion Essential Studio something that can be downloaded and installed as a free trial so that we can test this?