JeremyNicoll

CLOSED logs display on beta 10204

Win 8.1 64 bit

The logs display is completely empty.  (I have 'all components' set, and the filter field has no contents not even spaces.)

2 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Win 8.1 64 bit

The logs display is completely empty.  (I have 'all components' set, and the filter field has no contents not even spaces.)

Mine is okay so far. Win 10 2004

Is the Actions button stuck? (You know tick and untick thing)

57 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

could you kill the a2start process, after you disabled self-protection, and click on the eam icon in the EAM icon in the icons area, right bottom part of the desktop and see if that resolved the issue

Opening that dropdown and toggling to Actions rather than Components, then closing the choice and waiting a while makes no different, likewise reverting to the All components selection.

I did earlier have debug logging on (as I normally do all the time) but turned that off when Arthur asked if that affected the weird cpu use.  I've no idea if the (non-debug) log had any contents before that.

@Frank H  Before I try terminating and restarting a2start ...   I've been looking at something else.   I turned self-protection off then copied the logs.db3 file elsewhere.  Using sqlite3 I used  ".dump"  to create a readable text file version of the log.  Looking at the unix epoch date stamp values for entries being added to the ForensicLogs table, it's clear that logging is working ok - there's uptodate stuff being written into the log database itself.

2 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Before I try terminating and restarting a2start ...   I've been looking at something else.   I turned self-protection off then copied the logs.db3 file elsewhere.  Using sqlite3 I used  ".dump"  to create a readable text file version of the log.  Looking at the unix epoch date stamp values for entries being added to the ForensicLogs table, it's clear that logging is working ok - there's uptodate stuff being written into the log database itself.

yeah, i expect that this is  a UI issue only

2 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Win 8.1 64 bit

I've seen this before quite a few times - after a2service or a2start has crashed and restarted itself, forensics log is empty - might be worth looking in Reliability History to see if either of these crashed earlier ?