Sign in to follow this  
pc2d

Firewall Freeware

Hello,

I try to install Firewall Free 4.5. I cannot as I'm requested at 1st start a (computer name and) register key that I've not received although I've provided my e-mail addres during installation.

I double-checked that I downloaded the Free version (at http://download.cnet.com/Online-Armor-F ... tag=button)

What should I do?

Thanks beforehand.

Yes I was. Shouldn't I?

Acc. to the installation specs, I switched off Windows Firewall and I temporarily switched off Avast anti-virus. Avast was automatically on when I rebooted.

Yes, you did the right thing :) I'm not sure why this happened but I do recall someone else mentioning a difference in file size between the download available from CNET and the download available from Emsisoft's server directly. It would be worth uninstalling and installing the version from here http://download3.emsisoft.com/OnlineArmorSetup.exe and see if that helps. You'll be prompted to select which edition you want to install, just like before and you can choose the Free version.

SOLVED

Many thanks. Your memory was correct. Downloading the setup file directly from Emsisoft server is the solution.

For information, the differences that I noticed for the setup file:

from Cnet.com: version 4.5, 20 196 ko

from emsisoft: version 4.0, 19 489 ko (although during installation, the version indicated is the same as Cnet one 4.5.1.431)