Sign in to follow this  
john lee

how long to wait for the online decryptor for STOPdjvu?

Okay so i got the .PEZI ransomeware and it is the newer variant with an online key! So my question is how long to wait for the online decryptor for STOPdjvu? 

i mean is it the first time that a virus is using this kind of decrytion ? if not , then how long do we have to wait?

also is FBI even searching for these criminals?s

4 hours ago, john lee said:

i mean is it the first time that a virus is using this kind of decrytion ? if not , then how long do we have to wait?

No, they use a common type of encryption, and a common type of keys. The issue is the keys are RSA keys, so it would take thousands of years even for the most powerful super computer to break just one of them.

4 hours ago, john lee said:

also is FBI even searching for these criminals?s

The FBI investigates ransomware and the criminals that make/distribute them. I don't usually hear about the progress of their investigations, and if they were to share that information with us then it would be confidential and we wouldn't be able to tell anyone else anyway.

If you are a resident of the United States then you can file an Internet Crime Complaint with the FBI at the following link:
https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx/

If you are a resident of another country, then hopefully you'll be able to find the correct information to report this crime at the following link (they only list countries participating in the NoMoreRansom project):
https://www.nomoreransom.org/en/report-a-crime.html