marko

WSC Integration problems with latest version

15 hours ago, Quirky said:

never install Microsoft's first W10 release of each year (around March). If you have to update, go for the second one (around September) which is more like a service pack. Way more reliable (but still buggy, make no mistake)

The quality of those feature updates tends to vary. For instance, 1803 was fairly stable, while 1809 was quite possibly Microsoft's buggiest update for Windows 10.

Got a similar problem with the current beta. WSC again reports [EAM=off] but this time, all EAM modules are indeed turned off in the EAM UI. Seems more like a crash though, since I cannot interact with EAM. It's very sluggish and the UI responds more than a minute after I try to do anything. "Fix Now" did not work.

I'll re-enable logging.

edit: this occurred on 1909.

Usual issue occurred 5 minutes ago, just sent few more logs. All EAM components enabled, WSC icon red, Security providers=EAM+Defender both turned off. As always, I've manually turned off Tamper Protection + Defender.

Hello all!

I also join this topic!
Unfortunately, the new, August version did not solve the problem with the integration ...
What is curious is that I have 2 computers from Hewlett Packard.
Both - Windows 10 Pro (1909) x64.
On both, Windows Defender is disabled through the Group Policy Editor.
So - on one computer - the integration into the Windows Security Center is effective, but on the other - EAM is not integrated into any!
Windows message - action required!
That the parameters are managed by my organization (well, that's understandable why).
I followed the recommendations with disabling the integration, rebooting, enabling, restarting the computer again!
No effect! In reality, EAM is working absolutely fine, all services and components are running.
But Windows stubbornly DOES NOT SEE the antivirus!
These messages from the Security Center every time you start your computer are just annoying!

Of course, you can ignore this!😉
However - probably the developers need to do something? And why is there such a different reaction of the Windows Security Center on two completely identical systems with all Windows updates?

Hello!
To be honest, I haven't tried this reverse. I did not turn Windows Defender back on. Do you think this should be done?

p.s. This is how everything looks in the editor of group policies and on one computer, where EAM is adequately integrated into the Windows Security Center.
The screens are in Russian, but I suppose everything is clear😌

2020-08-05 23_39_13-Редактор локальной групповой политики.jpg
Download Image

2020-08-05 23_40_52-Безопасность Windows.jpg
Download Image

2020-08-05 23_41_09-Безопасность Windows.jpg
Download Image

And this is what the Security Service looks like on another computer.
It can be seen that EAM is not integrated, Windows Defender is disabled, and a message about the management of parameters by my organization (that is, by me)

At the same time, the changes in the Group Policy Editor are completely identical!

2020-08-05 23_53_21-Безопасность Windows.png
Download Image

2020-08-05 23_56_26-Безопасность Windows.png
Download Image

2020-08-05 23_56_40-Параметры.png
Download Image

9 hours ago, andrewek said:

The screens are in Russian, but I suppose everything is clear😌

Everything is clear, except the parts that are in Russian. ;)

I'm going to send you a private message with some instructions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1