Sign in to follow this  
emisofter

Serious bugs in Armor++

I have encountered the following serious problems (during and) after Online Armor++ (paid version) update:

1. After successful update and system reboot only firewall continues working: all other features like program guard, keylogger, antivirus do NOT work at all!! They start working only if to 'exit and shutdown' and then manually start in ADMINISTRATOR mode!!! (in windows server 2008 R2 or windows 7). And After next system reboot they don NOT work again!!

2. It seems updates do not start in automatic modes at all (only manual)

3. It is not possible to customize windows 2008 R2 or windows 7 task panel in order Online Armor firewall status ICON to show both icon and notification: after system reboot it always switches back to only show notifications mode!

Please urgently correct these very serious bugs! I'm starting to regret that I have bought your program since neither update nor antivirus do work correctly.

Very sorry to hear you're having problems with OA :( Unfortunately Online Armor doesn't support server O/S's.. The program is designed to run on Windows XP SP3 (32bit), Vista SP2 (32bit) and 7 (32bit & 64bit).

I have encountered the following serious problems (during and) after Online Armor++ (paid version) update:

1. After successful update and system reboot only firewall continues working: all other features like program guard, keylogger, antivirus do NOT work at all!! They start working only if to 'exit and shutdown' and then manually start in ADMINISTRATOR mode!!! (in windows server 2008 R2 or windows 7). And After next system reboot they don NOT work again!!

Have you tried right clicking the OA icon and choosing "Activate HIPS features?

2. It seems updates do not start in automatic modes at all (only manual)

What setting do you have updates set to? Have you tried setting it to "Every hour" or "Every 2 hours"?

3. It is not possible to customize windows 2008 R2 or windows 7 task panel in order Online Armor firewall status ICON to show both icon and notification: after system reboot it always switches back to only show notifications mode!

One of the developers addressed a query about this on the old forum. The essence of his reply was that Microsoft didn't provide an API to control the tray in Windows 7 and haven't documented it's behaviour in detail either. However, the development team continue to periodically run tests with the tray to look into this issue but being a relatively minor issue, they can't afford to spend a lot of time on it.

• Upvote 1

Did you use the Trial version before purchasing?

I also use OA++ and made use of the Trial offer before purchasing. Any time one is considering purchasing any software it is always advisable to research the availability of 'Trial versions' and then take advantage of the opportunity before making any decisions to purchase.

I'm assuming the issues mentioned would have become apparent during the Trial period. B)

catprincess,

I am not sure the problem is related with the server OS version, it seems to me it is mostly related with the UAC feature which works equally both in server 2008 R2 and win 7. Besides, I use server 2008 R2 as a standalone machine, it is not connected to a domain or something, I just use, and like it, since it is more stable than the desktop win 7.

After update and reboot all HIPS feature were grayed out so could not be turned on, now I do not remember whether 'Activate HIPS' was grayed out either or was not. I had to totally uninstall OA and install it again to make it work correctly again.

My update setting was set to default, i.e. once per a day. But I do not think it had ever automatically updated at least once after install on January 13th, because it did download pretty much updates, what would be hardly possible if it had updated automatically at least once.

It is of course very strange that OA firewall status icon switches back to "show only notifications" after each reboot, but if you are aware of the problem and just can not resolve it, than I have nothing left as to wait till you succeed in resolving it (it would be fair to say yet that OA status icon is the only one I have this kind of problem).

Now, for the first time, I can see that automatic updates do work: when I set updates to every hour, now I see it has started the update process, but I'm afraid that HIPS features may again stop working after this update.

Thanks God, after this automatic update all seems to be OK.

My update setting was set to default, i.e. once per a day. But I do not think it had ever automatically updated at least once after install on January 13th, because it did download pretty much updates, what would be hardly possible if it had updated automatically at least once.

After you first install, the full database has to be downloaded when the first check for updates occurs. After that, the database is rebuilt every so often which does result in a larger download. The more frequent the update interval is though, the less often the rebuilds need to be done.

Now, for the first time, I can see that automatic updates do work: when I set updates to every hour, now I see it has started the update process, but I'm afraid that HIPS features may again stop working after this update

It's not likely that an AV update alone would cause this to occur. Perhaps it was the result of a program version update (the version number may not have visibly changed; it may have been an update to OA's drivers) that didn't go well for some reason.

• Upvote 1

Wilpower2k3,

You are right, but earlier I had used freeware version and always liked it, so I did not expect any problems.

Yes, I can understand that. Unfortunately, it is often the case that the 'free versions' of many security software programs are much lighter and do not have some of the main features eabled thus are not interacting with the OS. Then when the Full Version is applied, there can be issues. Believe me, I have had this kind of problem in years past.

Live and Learn :)

It's not likely that an AV update alone would cause this to occur. Perhaps it was the result of a program version update (the version number may not have visibly changed; it may have been an update to OA's drivers) that didn't go well for some reason.

Yes, when I manually initialized the problem update I did first check the product update

Wilpower2k3, you are right again :) But OA is a good program on the whole and I'm still glad I've supported its developers a little :rolleyes: ,maybe if I do not start manual program updates again, automatic updates (both program and signatures) are going to be OK?